in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-20-2008 4:07 PM by stefan. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2008 2:22 PM

list of Beo5-IR-codes? => BEO4EX (e.g. for DVD2)

Like explained in another thread, I am trying to define some functions and macros for the DVD2. Unfortunately it seems like my DVD2 (configured as CDV/DVD-source on an Avant) can only be accessed by the Beo5 using combinations of 2 IR-codes BEO4EX_COMB_<number> + BEO4EX_COMB_<number> as there is no possibility to choose CDV/DVD as target unit in the IR code menu.

When I decided to purchase the Beo5, I thought the programming of the DVD2 would be much easier, e.g. choosing "DVD" (or "CDV") as target unit an then using the codes for the Beo4-keypresses (numbers, color keys, ...). But the usage of these IR-code-combinations makes it very difficult for me to get out how to programm the Beo5 correctly.

I was able to look up the IR codes for the following functions, which where predefined in the template of the Beo5-Configuration-Tool:

• Disc-Menu: 0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_3+BEO4EX_COMB_2
    • GuidePlus: 0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_3+BEO4EX_COMB_6
    • GuidePlus->Timer: 0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_4+BEO4EX_COMB_5
    • Channel +: 0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_3+BEO4EX_COMB_7
    • Channel -: 0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_4+BEO4EX_COMB_1
    • HDD-Content: 0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_3+BEO4EX_COMB_1
    • last channel in history: 0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_4+BEO4EX_COMB_7
    • next channel in history (if last channel button was used before): 0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_5+BEO4EX_COMB_1
    • Info Menu: 0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_3+BEO4EX_COMB_5
    • System Menu: 0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_4+BEO4EX_COMB_2
    • TV/HDD switch: 0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_4+BEO4EX_COMB_3
    • Edit: 0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_3+BEO4EX_COMB_3

But I am still missing the following functions:

• Enter/Return in GuidePlus-Menu (Beo4: 2x Go)
    • Stop the TV programm and start to record (on Beo4: STOP, then red key)
    • ...will be continued soon... (saturday)

Currently I don't see any relation of the combinations listed above to the button hits that I am using on Beo4 to access these functions on DVD2. Therefore I am not able to complete my list of codes.

Can you help me finding out the logic behind these combinations or do you know the missing codes for the functions listed above? A documentation of the IR code set might also help but typing "BEO4EX" into Google did not lead to usable results.

Thank you very much in advance for any help or hints.

• 10-17-2008 2:55 PM In reply to

• Gerd
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Bronze Member

Re: list of Beo5-IR-codes? => BEO4EX (e.g. for DVD2)

But I am still missing the following functions:
    Enter/Return in GuidePlus-Menu (Beo4: 2x Go)

Try

0:000:TV:BEO4EX_SELECT

Stop the TV programm and start to record (on Beo4: STOP, then red key)
    Maybe

0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_1+0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_5 (STOP)

folowed by

0:000:TV_CNTL_STEP_DW (RED)

• 10-19-2008 2:29 PM In reply to

Thanks for your help, Gerd. I will try soon and report if it works.

But I already detected a serious problem with the preset IR codes listed above: when I enter the Timer-Menu of the DVD2 by pressing the Timer-Softbutton (0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_4+BEO4EX_COMB_5) to enter a Showview-Code, the DVD2 switches of every time I press the cipher 6 (all other ciphers work). The reason must be found directly in the kind of accessing the Timer-Menu via COMB_4+_COMB_5 because when I enter the rest of the commands via the Beo4, I can reproduce the problem as well, but when I access the Time-Menu via the Beo4 (GO+2), I cannot reproduce.

So I am really in need of the correct code that reproduces Go+2 because COMB_4+COMB_5 seems to be just a similar command but not exactely the same.

Could anyone explain me the logic behind these BEO4EX_COMB-Codes and tell me if there is a translation-table to the Beo4-Commands, perhaps? But the most important thing for me is to find out, how I can excately send the Beo4-command GO+2 via the Beo5.

Thank you very much in advance. I hope someone can help me - otherwise the Beo5 would be not so useful, if a second remote (Beo4) is needed for special functions...

• 10-19-2008 3:57 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Try CNTL_2

Stefan 

• 10-19-2008 4:21 PM In reply to

Thank you, Stefan, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I have tried 0:000:TV:CNTL_2 but there is no reaction of the DVD2. I also tried 0:000:TV:BEO4EX_CNTL_2 (although this comman is not listed in the BeoIR proposal list of the configuration tool) and when accessing this code, a "0" is send as a channel number (showing "0-" in the on screen menu of the DVD2) and after that the DVD2 switches the video source to EXT1.

• 10-19-2008 4:55 PM In reply to

I have tried it with center OK following cipher 2 manually on the Beo5 now, and it worked. Using the simulator function of the config tool, I could find out, that in this case, the codes 0:000:TV:PLAY+0:000:TV:CIFFER_2 are sent.

Creating a softbutton with codes 0:000:TV:PLAY+0:000:TV:CIFFER_2 ist working fine and now the DVD2 ist not switching off any more when pressing the cipher 6 softbutton to enter a showview-code.

Now I wonder if it is really necessary to use all these BEO4EX-commands to control the DVD2. There seem to be alternative programming options for some functions that might work more reliably.

Therefore I am still searching for a detailed description of the Beo4-IR-commands and a document explaining cause, necessity and functionallity of the BEO4EX-codes.

I would like to understand when the Beo4 is actually adressing the TV although a DVD-command is executed (as 0:000:TV:PLAY is also working in DVD-mode), when it sends other codes to address the DVD2 directy and if the BEO4EX-called codes are already used in a similar way in Beo4 or if it is a new code scheme of Beo5. Is there any documentation available to learn about these IR codes (may also cost a charge)?

• 10-20-2008 4:07 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Strange.My Beo5 sending CNTL_6 command activates my stb INFO menu. It´s exactly the same as the Beo4 does pressing GO - 6.

So GO - 2 should be CNTL_2.

Stefan 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)