in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-23-2007 8:08 PM by beoguy. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-23-2007 7:11 PM

Just picked up a Master Stereo 610 K!

Smile

I have a couple of questions about my  newly aquired 610 k.  First and foremost, I love the styling.  Very modern, even still! 

I read in a previous thread that you can stick a ribbon antenna with bannana plugs into the red input on the back.  What is a ribbon antenna?  Is it the kind that are plastic coated wire that separates into two sections, and usually has spade connections?

The radio also has another antenna input of sorts that is the same shape as the red one, but it is black.  I am thinking that it is for the short wave reception.  So...what should I put into that?  I would like to play around with the shortwave channels sometimes.

One more question for now.  When I am listening to an FM station and I push the stereo button up front...I can not get any stations on the FM.  What is the "stereo" button for?

Thank you for any input my sage advisorsBig Smile!

Guy 

• 08-23-2007 7:41 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Re: Just picked up a Master Stereo 610 K!

You are correct on both counts.

The ribbon antennae is plastic coated wire, or wires that unroll forming an antennae capture area. The ribbon does clip into the back as you describe.

The other is Short Wave signal, the " N.RADIO " format of it's day, popular at the time for International Radio programming. It is around still.

Did you get a few spare parts such as tubes or capacitors ? Spares a very good idea to have on hand.

• 08-23-2007 8:08 PM In reply to

Re: Just picked up a Master Stereo 610 K!

No spare parts Indifferent.  I will pick up a ribbon antenna tomorrow then, pretty common here.

Guy 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)