in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-09-2010 4:45 AM by wirralsimon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-07-2010 9:52 AM

The quirks of eBay

There is really no rationale to the cost of buying B&O on ebay. 

I waited over 12 months to find a pair of stands for my S45.2s and ended up paying 30GBP or thereabouts.  Half an hour ago, a Beocenter 3500 and a pair of S45.2s with stands goes for 40GBP.  And it all looks in pretty good condition, even the stylus is supposed to be OK. 

Strange world

Cleve   

• 08-07-2010 2:13 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Re: The quirks of eBay

Two years ago I paid $80 (US) for a pair of S45-2s without stands.  A month ago I was outbid on a pair of S45-2s with stands; if I recall correctly my high bid was $140 (don't recall the high bid).  Last week a pair sold with stands for less than $80 and the reserve wasn't met.  But the stands and the speakers had been modded.  Another pair without stands sold for more, but no mods.

The biggest issue here in the US seems to be a bunch of sellers that are either (a) selling junk knowingly, or (b) selling wonderful speakers unknowingly.  It seems most of the passive B&O speakers selling in the US on Ebay come with this caveat:

"They seem fine but I have no way of testing them because of those funny plugs B&O has."

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 08-08-2010 5:03 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

We get that in the UK too. Also if the seller has several different items listed together. They never seem to have the leads to connect them.Hmm

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-09-2010 4:45 AM In reply to

Craig:

We get that in the UK too. Also if the seller has several different items listed together. They never seem to have the leads to connect them.Hmm

CraigSmile

Never understood that. Either the item doesn't work and the seller is playing dumb or they are going to get a much lower price for the sake of a coupe of pounds worth of plugs.

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)