in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-12-2010 5:18 AM by Lennaert. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-11-2010 4:53 PM

Beocenter 3500

Recently I found a Beocenter 3500 on the attic of my gran. Luckely it still works, but i'm concerned about the TT (the main reason why I wanted it :) ). The TT-belt has been off for a while (for some reason it was jammed underneath the center rotor (on which the record turns)). When i try to put it on, it slips down by itself when i turn the rotor (maybe it's has slackend??), it doesn't fall down when i don't move the rotor. Although I haven't tried it with a record on it, it won't turn automaticaly when I push the lift button (or so I guess). When I turn it by hand everything works: the arm moves in, lowers and at the end of the record it returns to it's original position. 

Can anybody help me? How can I make it work?

Greetings

• 08-12-2010 2:49 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter 3500

It's very common to see the belt falling off if the transport safety screws are
    tightened. Worth checking.

The weight of the platter also plays a role so in some cases, the belt
    will also slip off if the turntable is run without the platter.

Martin

• 08-12-2010 4:11 AM In reply to

The transport safety screws are the screws on top of the turntable (without the platter on it?).

I still will have the problem with the lift button (or is that fixed too by loosening the screws?).

• 08-12-2010 4:41 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Yes, those are the transport screws.

The platter should rotate when you press the lift button. The deck does not sense
    the presence of a record or the tightening of the transport screws.
    If the platter does not spin, check if the motor spins.

Martin

• 08-12-2010 5:18 AM In reply to

So the tightening screws could be the issue regarding the lift button too? Or are these problems completely non coherent? (Sorry if I don't get it all, I'm quite new to the TT world).

Greetings

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)