in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-11-2007 3:04 AM by monster900. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-09-2007 5:22 AM

Beo3 starting a surround sound system (gradually)!

Good Morning,

Fresh blood just signed up, i have found the discussions so good so you are all jointly responsible.

I take delivery of a Beo3 at the end of this month, it has the built in 5.1 board but i wonder if:

1. Can i just connect 2 front speakers to enhance the sound either side of the tv?

2.Is there any other speakers (cheaper) that can connect directly or would i need a B&O ml unit ?

sounds vague sorry, but i am open to all suggestions.

• 06-09-2007 6:25 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Re: Beo3 starting a surround sound system (gradually)!

Welcome to beoworld.

1. yes, when you connect frontspeakers to your TV, and choose them in the menu, the TV will automatically use SPEAKER3 mode, which means that it uses both the TV speakers and the 2 external frontspeakers.

• 06-09-2007 1:04 PM In reply to

The cheaper alternative in the first event is to get two MCL2Ps that will act as the power amplifiers for the front and rear speakers. These connect to the Beovision 3 via the Powerlink sockets and has two stereo outputs which will feed left and right speakers. One will work the front channel and one will do the rear. They are about 30W a channel so will be perfectly adequate if you have reasonably sensitive speakers. Any brand will do!  I see Lee has a couple for sale here but you may find them cheaper on eBay - though they may not work!! 

Welcome to Beoworld! 

• 06-11-2007 3:04 AM In reply to

thank you for the great advice

David

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)