in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-24-2009 11:58 AM by vikinger. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2009 12:24 PM

NO FM radio on recently acquired BC1

Have recently acquired a Beocenter 1 with Masterlink and STB modules. The previous owner had used the TV as part of a Beolinked system. I can't get the BC1 radio to come on. In the comnection menu, the Beolink showed an external radio link which I have set to 'No' (it was originally set to Yes) but this has made no difference. All the manual advice re the radio starts with pressing the radio button on the Beo4 and then calling up the tuning menus but I've not been able to get that far. Am I missing something obvious? (Is it possible that a BC1 might not have a radio module???) This isn't a critical issue in that radio stations are available through the STB......... but I'd like to get to the bottom of the problem!

Vikinguk

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 05-23-2009 3:45 PM In reply to

Re: NO FM radio on recently acquired BC1

Having trawled through the service manual I have considered that the option to reset the TV to its original defaults would wipe out all the current tuning and presumably cause the TV to retune afresh next time it's used, including the radio.

As the BC1 autotunes only when first set-up (and  hopefully after a reset to default), is it possible that this TV has previously been used via masterlink (for radio) and, for example, if a radio aerial had never been connected then no stations would have been detected on the first auto tuning and so the BC1 simply does not respond to the radio button on the Beo4 in the absence of any tuned stations?

I am reluctant to go down the default setting route in case I inadvertently create other problems, but any advice on this reset approach being the solution to the problem would be appreciated.

Vikinguk

• 05-23-2009 4:03 PM In reply to

Have never had a BC1 but your logic seems good to me. What have you got to lose?

• 05-24-2009 11:58 AM In reply to

Peter,

I will try this approach as a last resort because I have a fear of accidentally messing-up other settings via the service menu. Does anyone else have any ideas? If a BC1 was part of a linked system with a radio source via Beolink can the original dealer (setting up the system) either remove the BC1 radio module or disable it so that the radio button on the Beo4 activates the remote linked radio source instead of the built-in tuner? If the  latter, how do you reactivate the Beo4 - buuilt-in radio link?

Vikinguk

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)