in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-07-2009 8:23 PM by Russ. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2009 10:22 PM

• Harry1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-07-2009
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

BeoSound 5

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here and was hoping there was someone with some extended knowledge of the B&O brand.

I am considering BeoSound 5 (with BeoMaster 5). I own a brand x TV (too embarrassed to say i'm afraid). I'd like to to get the sound from my TV to the BeoMaster 5.

I know that BeoMaster 5 doesn't have a line input but products like BeoPort do. Is there anyway to use beoport as a link of some kind between my TV and BeoMaster 5.

Any help would be appreciated.

H1

• 03-07-2009 11:45 AM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 5

H1,

Since the BeoMaster 5 doesn't have an auxiliary input like the rest of the audio masters, getting sound from a TV onto the system is going to be interesting:

Set up the BeoSound 5 in OPTION 0 (your dealer can help you with this, but it means changing a setting in the menu that tells the system to ignore remote commands) and connect an Active Kit via MasterLink cable. The Active Kit will be in OPTION 6 and this is good, meaning it will accept all types of remote commands. Connect a stereo adaptor to the PC input and connect the speakers to the Active Kit (NOT the BeoMaster 5), then place the Active Kit's eye in a convenient place and you're set. 

Pressing N.MUSIC or N.RADIO will engage the sources on the BeoSound 5, while PC will turn to the local input on the Active Kit. If you don't see the active kit, you'd hardly know there was anything funny going on.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-07-2009 5:48 PM In reply to

• Harry1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-07-2009
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Excellent.

Thanks so much for the tip.

H1

• 03-07-2009 8:23 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

One quick note here, driven by my regard for the beautiful user interface on the BS-5.  Please note that the volume control on the BS-5 does not work in this set-up.  Volume, and all of the tone controls, must be adjusted via the Beo4 remote control, or the button on the active kit's IR sensor. 

Oh, and did we mention that you must have a Beo4 or Beo5 remote control?

Otherwise Trip's suggestion is elegantly simple.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)