in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-19-2008 2:08 PM by RaoulDuke. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-18-2008 8:52 PM

Question regarding the new firmware update

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the update process of the firmware.

Currently my Beo5 runs on 1.30a which (if i understood correctly) cannot send codes to 3rd party products (in my case a mac mini and  Samsung LCD panel) even if I write them by myself.

I was thinking of going to a B&O dealer and having the beo5 updated to 1.34 but since there is a newer version out, do you think there is still a chance to upgrade from 1.30a to 1.34?

If I understood one post correctly, currently there is a version 1.40 out there which requires a new config tool and doesn't have 3rd party products support...

Hope anyone can help, I've waited for a year to have the beo5 in my hands and control 3rd party stuff....

Best regards

Raoul

P.S. If I have the Samsung & Mac Mini templates ready , i will upload them for you guys :-)

• 12-19-2008 8:07 AM In reply to

Re: Question regarding the new firmware update

Hello Raoul,

Currently my Beo5 runs on 1.30a which (if i understood correctly) cannot send codes to 3rd party products

Not true, with that firmware beo5 can send codes to 3rd party products.

But that firmware version has some other technical issues and need to be upgrade to 1.34a firmware (at least).

If I understood one post correctly, currently there is a version 1.40 out there which requires a new config tool and doesn't have 3rd party products support...

True, the "Beo5 3rd party XML generator" program needs little changes.

I was thinking of going to a B&O dealer and having the beo5 updated to 1.34 but since there is a newer version out, do you think there is still a chance to upgrade from 1.30a to 1.34?

That's a very good question, but you must ask your dealer I'm afraid...

Santiago

• 12-19-2008 2:08 PM In reply to

Re: Question regarding the new firmware update

I called my dealer today and the new software isn't up on the B&O update servers yet.

He updated the Beo5 with the "old" 1.34a firmware in 2 minutes and now the programming can start :-) if you guys run below 1.34a firmware and plan to control 3rd party stuff, better hurry up as he told me that they can only update with the firmware provided by b&o, in other words, they have to take what B&o offers, if its 1.40 there is no way back at the moment...

Good thing is, my wife came with me and finally she experienced a pair of Beolab 5s, now she understands what makes my eyes wet everytime I think of buying a pair... first step towards my dream of speakers :-) the come-to-the-store-concept of Beo5 seems to work :-)

Best regards

Raoul

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)