in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 4:59 AM by ipaul. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-27-2012 3:56 AM

Beolit 1000 panels

Who knows what type of wood the Beolit 1000 panels are made of ?

There were 3 types of panels i think: goat leather (glued on the wood), teak and oak.

Now i have panels which are painted with some black paint, if i scratch some of it off i can see the teak colour underneath but at the sides and the back it looks like oak.

Could it be all panels were made of oak (or something else) and just coloured/varnished as teak ?

At the end of the day i'd like to remove the paint from these panels and just wax it or so, hoping it's oak...:)

• 02-27-2012 4:04 AM In reply to

Re: Beolit 1000 panels

I have a teak 1000 pending restoration (since two years... sigh) and it has some damage where I can somewhat see the structure. The top layer is veneer that is glued on something else wooden, so I can't see any reason why they would have had to varnish them; could've just as well used the proper veneer in the first place.

With the missing chips and delamination I have, I would consider reveneering, if it wasn't for the perforations... at a quick count, there are all together 3584 holes in the panels Big Smile

-mika

• 02-27-2012 11:58 AM In reply to

BeoLit 1000 was delivered in Goatleather, Rosewood and Teak. 

• 02-29-2012 4:59 AM In reply to

Aha...so it's the rosewood (panels) i'm looking for actually :).

Too bad it's veneer.

Anyways, if anyone happens to have rosewood panels around, i have parts to swap (from a wreck lit 1000), inc teak panels which are painted but this probably can be removed...also a set of goatskin panels.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)