in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-17-2007 8:34 AM by joeyboygolf. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2007 7:53 AM

beocenter 9000

Can anyone tell me the output of the amp in this system? On the OLD beoworld, when I clciked "Contents" and searched for the beocenter 9000 did it say 2x80 watts?  I can't remem Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,

Andrew....
  • 04-17-2007 8:05 AM In reply to

Re: beocenter 9000

It rather depends on how you measure it! If you look on the new site here, you will see it has a power output of 80W and also 30W per channel! The 80W is power consumed and the 30W is what I would regard as power out! But it rather depends on what you measure!  From a speaker point of view, reckon on about 30W a channel!
  • 04-17-2007 8:21 AM In reply to

If you are wanting to compare the 9000 amp with another then you have to specify under what conditions you are doing the measurement. The usual method is to quote the output with a RMS signal between certain frequencies. The 9000 is quoted as 30 watts per chanel RMS 20hz-20khz at a certain minimal distortion level which I don't recall. This can be directly compared to other amps under the same conditions.

The trouble with this method is that it tended to produce lower figures. Not what the marketing men wanted! This led to many other quoted methods which produced higher and more acceptable but not neccessarily more meaningful figures. Peak power, music power, transient power and many others. The 2x80 watts figure is one of these marketing department figures which doesn't really mean very much.

The 9000 amp is certainly not an "80 watt" amplifier in real terms but does it really matter. I have had 9000's since they came out in 1986 and have used them to drive speakers many and various from CX50 to beovox penta. The crux of this all is that if you want to play music at reasonable levels in a normal domestic lounge then the 9000 is more than adequate if not outstanding. For loud rock in a big room with large speakers it probably is not the best and you would probably need a more powerful amp for the best results.

Regards Graham

• 04-17-2007 8:34 AM In reply to

Haven't you got any patients to see??? You beat me to this answer, much more eloquent as well.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)