in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-30-2011 1:20 PM by Step1. 26 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-30-2011 12:26 PM In reply to

Re: Turntable Speed changing on Beogram 4002 (Related to my earlier post on the same 4002)

jahur:

sorry to bump this thread, but i have a beogram9500, when i go to play any vinyl format the said vinyl plays slow then speeds up to normal speed and stays there.

i was advised by a dealer that i should just let the turntable warm up with the vinyl on the platter spinning at any speed before actually moving the arm into stage.

he told me that the slow start could be to do with under use or dry bearings caused by under use and was best to let it spin for 5 mins and for it to warm up. it does work from time to time. i have just left the problem as its not the end of the world for me.

this might help it may not.

Fit a new drive belt. You can't really tell anything until you do this.

I have sold very many B&O tangential decks and I have never known one to need "warming up". Suggest that is dealer bullsh1t.

Order part number 2732062 from another B&O dealer or contact member "Dillen" who can also supply.

Regards Graham

• 03-30-2011 1:20 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Re: Turntable Speed changing on Beogram 4002 (Related to my earlier post on the same 4002)

One more thing to add to Graham above is that if the bearing was dried up, the last thing you would want to be doing would be to run the player at all! I would let a drop of mineral oil sit on the bearing and let it soak in for a bit to be on the safe side!

Olly.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2