in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-05-2008 6:26 AM by benkap. 125 replies.
Page 5 of 6 (126 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2008 5:09 PM In reply to

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

Re: Beoworld Prize Draw - November!

i will be in a land down under for the next draw..so it will be daytime...how odd !
  • 11-30-2008 5:10 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

PrizeDrawBot:
    First Prize!!!  Oh yes..  it's a pair of Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 4000 Active Loudspeakers
    Top Prize this month is a pair of beautiful Beolab 4000 Active Loudspeakers finished in the highly desirable combination of Black with Black grilles. The BeoLab 4000's give amazing sound for their size with their crystal clear treble and punchy bass - plus the added beauty of being wall, floor or shelf mounted giving endless placement options. This particular pair are supplied by LifeStyle AV as pre-owned and are in almost 'as new' condition. The perfect Prize for absolutely any Bang & Olufsen enthusiast!

Our November 2008 Prize Draw WINNER is..

Mr L. Gorissek (gorissek) of Ljubljana, Slovenia

What a lovely Prize, especially in Black too.  You lucky Gold Member you !!!

Well, that’s all from me, your faithful servant PrizeDrawBot.  I shall love you and leave you now as Brad and Anglelina want me to have serious words with Jennifer Aniston. Honestly, ever since I took the job doing the prize draw for Vogue Magazine it’s been celebrity friends all the way.  However, the biggest stars are here on BeoWorld – the best website ever!

As ever, it’s been a pleasure – and I’ll be back just before Christmas Day to do the BeoWorld Christmas Prize Draw where someone will be bagging a pair of BeoLab 3’s!  Wow!!

For the winners tonight, you will shortly be getting an email will full instructions on how to claim your prize, and for the people that didn’t win – there’s next month and lots of others. Thanks to all that were here for the draw 'live with Botty' too Yes -  thumbs up

Goodbye all - it's been fun spending Lee's money! Laughing

PDB

Congratulations, and to all our other winners tonight.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Congrats gorissek! What a prize ... maybe the December Lab3s had already fallen in love with me!

Nice to be around for a prize draw again! 

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Congratulations, Gorissek, fantastic prize. Congratulations to all the other winners as well. Enjoy your prizes, and if you don't need them; just PM me!

Good night everybody, going to sleep now!

BYESleep

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 11-30-2008 5:12 PM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

Congratulations to all the winners!

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 11-30-2008 5:13 PM In reply to

CongratulationsSmile
  • 11-30-2008 6:18 PM In reply to

Ummm...... I'm not Mr L. Gorissek (gorissek) of Ljubljana, Slovenia. I think the prize bot made a mistake again!! It's Mr. J. Dugdale of Melbourne, Australia. Feel free to make the appropriate amendments so the speakers can head my way.

Thanks, and congratulations to all the prize winners!!!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-30-2008 7:23 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oh wow congratulations!! SO lucky, 4000's are pretty much B&o's best product in the current range (that are able to be given away as a prize without anyone going broke Wink)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 12-01-2008 3:29 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Congratulations to all prize winners!Smile

Do you know that I now have the above phrase assigned to a short cut key so that I don't have to re-type it every month.Sad

Sorry I missed all the fun but I was otherwise engaged, creeping about in the attic last nightAngry

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-01-2008 6:09 AM In reply to

Congrats to the winners and let's keep fingers crossed right now til December 31st.
  • 12-01-2008 6:30 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Beottaku:
    Congrats to the winners and let's keep fingers crossed right now til December 31st.

Then you'll have missed itBig Smile

I believe December's draw actually takes place before Christmas on the evening of the 23rd (I can't check at the moment as the main site seems to be down)

• 12-01-2008 6:33 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

It will take place on the 23rd, yes.  I doubt we would have much of an audience on New Years Eve !! Laughing

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 12-01-2008 8:54 AM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

PrizeDrawBot:
    Wireless is the new Black – so here is 2nd Prize!

Now you can connect any Active Loudspeaker from the Bang & Olufsen range remotely to an audio master system with BeoLink Wireless 1. You no longer need cables to enjoy CD quality stereo sound anywhere in the house. Every bit of information is transmitted in uncompressed form via a very robust wireless technology, whether the source is computer, CD, radio or TV sound.
    There are no audible delays, no fall-outs, and no crackling. Just the familiar Bang & Olufsen sound quality in a previously unfamiliar location. The physical BeoLink Wireless 1 will act as either a transmitter or a receiver. You will need at least one of each, so here we have a PAIR of units finished in classic White for you! A truly fantastic Prize that we all want!

The lucky wireless winner is…

Mr B. Kappel Schmidt (benkap) of Oslo, Norway

Very well done to you – enjoy!!

I WON SOMETHING!!!!!!

Holy macaroni! I couldn't believe it when I saw the email a few minutes ago! My hands are literally shaking and I am so happy and greatful for this Big Smile

Thank you so much and thanks for this excellent website! Congratulations to all the other prize winners and thanks again.

Ben Big SmileBig SmileParty!!!

• 12-01-2008 9:31 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

9 LEE:

It will take place on the 23rd, yes.  I doubt we would have much of an audience on New Years Eve !! Laughing

Lee

The TimeFrame Observation Co. Ltd (Durham Division) has noticed that the countdown clock is wrong again!Whistle

• 12-01-2008 3:08 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Mr Jandyt of the National Date Correction Association Ltd checking in here.

WHAT!  I didn't win anything!  Obviously not being present at the draw makes no difference then.
    I had a great time yesterday meeting a girl I haven't spoken to for 34 years. We got on really well and, although we had a couple of hugs, I'm not sure whether it will blossom into romance, I'll keep you informed if anything developsWink

Congratulations to all of you who won something, and especially to Luka. Something to take his mind of tennis, girls and cars (or Tennis girls in cars) Well done mate.

Thanks to all the regular faeces who kept Botty company in my absence, your input is so important.
    Thanks again to Lee for giving all these lovely prezzies away.
    See you all again on the 23rd of December.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-01-2008 3:29 PM In reply to

Jandyt:

Thanks to all the regular faeces who kept Botty company in my absence,

Freudian?

• 12-01-2008 3:33 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

beat me to it peter!

t o n y

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 12-01-2008 3:59 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

LaughingLaughing

Definately!  If you knew what kind of a day I had today, you'd know why I put that!
    Started off this morning, I had a driving test that was likely to be cancelled due to frost, the lass was in a terrible state.
    Just half an hour before I left the house to pick her up, my son Jimmy came round with his fiance. He had been up all night feeling ill and informed me that his faeces was black!  I straight away thought blood and sent him straight to the doctors. They sent him in an ambulance to the A and E. I still had the girl's driving test to do, but shot off to the hospital straight after. It turns out that his hemaglobin (sp) levels were fine, so it was unlikely to have internal bleeding, and more likely a viral infection. Waiting for an Xray at the mo.
    On Saturday, I had spent the whole day up the ladder in Arctic conditions, putting Christmas lights all around the outside of my house, all ready for switching on today, 1st Dec.
    When I got home from the hospital I went up in the loft to switch on, but the timer had no display so I couldn't. Instead, I pulled the timer to bits to locate the lithium battery. Bearing in mind that it was not user-fixable and had no screws, I did a good job of pulling it apart but sadly snapped the battery off the circuit board.
    Never mind, I'll solder two bits of wire to the board then to a spare watch battery which was also 1.5 volts. Mistake!
    The battery blew up in my face!
    Luckily I wear glasses, but got black slimy stuff all over my face, the floor, the microwave etc. I later found some solder had welded itself round a clump of my hair! I eventually managed to solder the two bits of wire to some bits of brass out of an old torch and wrapped an elastic band round the original battery, holding the two brass bits to it.. Hey Presto! It worked.  My lights look great, but not sure if they'll switch themselves off at 11.30 tonight!
    Sorry, I've no idea why I have spilled my guts out on a Prize Draw thread. Must be to make up for my lack of input yesterday!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-01-2008 4:10 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

• 12-01-2008 4:11 PM In reply to

Jandyt:

Never mind, I'll solder two bits of wire to the board then to a spare watch battery which was also 1.5 volts. Mistake!
    The battery blew up in my face!

Good thing you asked first, so we could tell you to never heat up a lithium battery!

Glad you're OK and had a great night as well Smile

-mika

• 12-01-2008 4:21 PM In reply to

Tom:

beocool:
    A second win in 3 months! You're a lucky man, Steve77. Congrats!

Life is not fair! Devil

Can't quite believe it myself. I will be having a flutter on the lottery this week that's for sure.

Congrats to the other prize winners & best of luck to everyone else for the next prize draw.

• 12-01-2008 4:31 PM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Christmas lights all around the outside of my house, all ready for switching on today, 1st Dec.

Come on then Andy, let's have a photo Smile

Cheers

Nigel

• 12-01-2008 4:33 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

steve77:
    Tom:

beocool:
    A second win in 3 months! You're a lucky man, Steve77. Congrats!

Life is not fair! Devil

Can't quite believe it myself. I will be having a flutter on the lottery this week that's for sure.

Congrats to the other prize winners & best of luck to everyone else for the next prize draw.

You really should try the lottery, Steve! But don't forget to try it three times!

What a wonderfull day you had, Andy! Hope those are few and far between!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 12-01-2008 4:36 PM In reply to

Puncher:

Beottaku:

I believe December's draw actually takes place before Christmas on the evening of the 23rd (I can't check at the moment as the main site seems to be down)

Sorry, I'm a newbie. Thanks for the information Puncher and LeeWink. That's great : fewer days to wait. So the Prize Draw Count Down has to be corrected...Stick out tongue

• 12-01-2008 4:41 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Beottaku:
    Puncher:

Beottaku:

Sorry, I'm a newbie. Thanks for the information Puncher and LeeWink. So the Prize Draw Count Down has to be corrected...Stick out tongue

AnytimeSmile

Page 5 of 6 (126 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >