in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-24-2007 5:26 AM by beocool. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2007 5:13 PM

New iPod Speakers System

iPod Speakers System, 599$ in USA.
    Borja
  • 11-22-2007 6:35 PM In reply to

Re: New iPod Speakers System

Yes I saw this one a little while ago and have heard very favorable things about it. It is also one of the few that works correctly with the iPhone (most disable the phone function during use). I would like to compare it to the BS1 regarding sound quality before I form an opinion though.

Nicholas 

• 11-22-2007 7:01 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I didn't like this when I first saw it (in fact I really, really dislike it). I confess it is starting to grow on me!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 11-23-2007 4:39 AM In reply to

Actually, I like it. Would I buy one? Well, no. First of all: All the audiovisual equipment I have is B&O and personally I want to keep it like that. Second of all the design is OK in my opinion, but I don't like the way the Ipod sits in front of the cabinet. The design lacks the genius that you can find in many B&O products. Read my signature and you'll see what I mean. Although, I admit that B&O gets it wrong every once in a while...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-23-2007 11:34 AM In reply to

I think the reason the iPod sits in front is that it makes the ergonomics of operating it better. The iPod is designed to be operated by your thumb as your handle cradles it; if you mount it into something and have to use your index finger to operate it, it isn't so nice. 
    Steve
  • 11-23-2007 12:31 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

I'm a real fan of this thing! A very B&O styled product, with a very B&W sound design, which I hope will be close (or better, who knows?) from the Beosound 1... Don't you think it looks like 2 beolab 9 glued together???

Concerning the fact that the iPod sits like that in front of the cabinet is explained in their site, as spthomas says, it's thought for letting you manipulate the iPod exactly the same way you manipulate it without dock. It is really less user friendly in the other dock when your hand can't go on the back of the iPod, because we have learned to use the wheel with our thumb! It's a really clever design, very B&O!

I'm just waiting to hear one of these little zeppelin!!

• 11-23-2007 12:32 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I expect it sounds stunning, I haven't ever heard anything from B&W I haven't been very impressed with, although one or two of their speakers have sounded more 'home theatre' than hifi.

I'd say I'm almost as much of a B&W fan as I am B&O fan...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-23-2007 1:28 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Alex:

I'd say I'm almost as much of a B&W fan as I am B&O fan...

Me too : we are just B&x fans!! (I also really like B&MW cars Big Smile)

• 11-23-2007 5:47 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I'm more of an Audi fan than BMW, but my dad has owned BMWs since when I was young. I love the older ones, particularly the previous 3 series (my dad has a 330i coupé), but the newer 5 and 7 series ones aren't so much my kinda thing style-wise. I like the new 3 series though, hopefully they can keep that up...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-23-2007 7:14 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

looks great, that zeppelin. let's hope it sounds as good as it looks.

what I like the most, is that it is not only a standard speaker, but also a design statement (which at first view is not B&W's domain). Yes -  thumbs up 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 11-24-2007 5:26 AM In reply to

spthomas:
    I think the reason the iPod sits in front is that it makes the ergonomics of operating it better. The iPod is designed to be operated by your thumb as your handle cradles it; if you mount it into something and have to use your index finger to operate it, it isn't so nice. 

Yes that's true I suppose. I am not really impressed with the way it looks, though. In this case it's a matter of ergonomics over style. Ideally style and ergonomics should go together. I'll admit this is really hard to achieve. But I'm just a sucker for style....

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)