in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-11-2007 4:04 AM by Peter. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2007 10:18 AM

• Ryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toronto
    • Posts 29
    • Bronze Member

re-issues of old products

I noticed that Grundig are re-issuing the Audiorama speakers from the 70's:

Gizmodo: Grundig Audiorama

AV-Magazin

The hanging model is pretty cool looking.

What B&O products from the old days would we like to see a re-release of? I'd vote for beogram 4004, anything with rosewood and glass on it. Beocenter 9000 with an ipod dock instead of the tape deck? (and two-way control of the ipod of course)

• 08-10-2007 10:33 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: re-issues of old products

BeoSystem 7000, AV9000, CX100. Smile

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-10-2007 10:45 AM In reply to

Beolab 4500 & Beolab 5000 wall mounted panel speakers with larger display

Regards Keith....

• 08-10-2007 11:13 AM In reply to

BeoCom 3 but without ISDN.  On a regular phone line it would be a superb office phone.
  • 08-10-2007 11:16 AM In reply to

Definitely updated BeoLab 4500 + 5000, with a larger display matching the colours of BV7's display.

It drives me mad to see all BeoVisions now being flat & wall-mountable, without any BeoLab to go with in terms of design & flatness. I think the latest catalogue shows BeoLab 5000 with BV7 wall mounted, it looks splendid! To me the BeoLab 5000 is the most beautiful speaker in the world, with BeoLab 8000.

There is no need for bass anymore in wall mounted speakers in a surround setup which has BeoLab 2 for taking care of the bass, they could make them extra-thin with ICE amps & a closed cabinet design. And you should be able to change the cover colours like on BeoLab 2500.

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 08-10-2007 11:22 AM In reply to

Beogram 4000 and possibly the Beosystem 6000 quad but as a multi channel surround sound system - Powerlink outputs instead of power amplifiers would be fine!
  • 08-10-2007 11:32 AM In reply to

BeoCENTER 9500 with an iPod/mp3 player dock in the place of the cassette mechanism, and with BeoX interaction with the unit; the CD player should also take DVDs/Audio DVDs and SACDs. An integrated harddisk would allow you to drop music onto it; the unit should connect with the Internet in order to pull down Gracenote CDDB track information.

Digital and Powerlink out to speakers. 

The goal would be to create a simple to operate, truly high-end universal player in a classic look. 

(Wrote Beosystem first, meant Beocenter, of course).

• 08-10-2007 11:49 AM In reply to

Beolab 8000 system with a Beogram CD8000 as a new edition!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 08-10-2007 12:17 PM In reply to

Definitely a Thumbs Up for the Beolab 4500 and Beolab 5000 for speakers.

As for TVs, re-intro of the BV1, AV9000 or other MX version will be most desirable.

Music centers will be the lengendary BC9000, 9500 etc.

Phones will be the beocom 3.

Of course the re-issue price of all the above must be kept affordable. Yes -  thumbs up

However, judging on the Q&A in this whole forum, the most important re-issue are still all the spare parts to up-keep our old precious B&O especilly seeing that alot of us are always in search of obslete parts eg: power supply unit for MX5500, original display covers for Beolab Penta 2Sad

abit greedy on my wishing list.

• 08-10-2007 1:08 PM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

Chrisreunion:

Definitely updated BeoLab 4500 + 5000, with a larger display matching the colours of BV7's display.

It drives me mad to see all BeoVisions now being flat & wall-mountable, without any BeoLab to go with in terms of design & flatness. I think the latest catalogue shows BeoLab 5000 with BV7 wall mounted, it looks splendid! To me the BeoLab 5000 is the most beautiful speaker in the world, with BeoLab 8000.

There is no need for bass anymore in wall mounted speakers in a surround setup which has BeoLab 2 for taking care of the bass, they could make them extra-thin with ICE amps & a closed cabinet design. And you should be able to change the cover colours like on BeoLab 2500.

TOTALLY agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 08-10-2007 1:18 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

soundproof:

Beosystem 9500 with an iPod/mp3 player dock in the place of the cassette mechanism, and with BeoX interaction with the unit; the CD player should also take DVDs/Audio DVDs and SACDs. An integrated harddisk would allow you to drop music onto it; the unit should connect with the Internet in order to pull down Gracenote CDDB track information.

Digital and Powerlink out to speakers. 

The goal would be to create a simple to operate, truly high-end universal player in a classic look. 

That would be fantastic. Such a classic design to strt with aswell

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-10-2007 1:52 PM In reply to

• Ryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toronto
    • Posts 29
    • Bronze Member

Peter:
    Beosystem 6000 quad but as a multi channel surround sound system

Nice idea. 

• 08-10-2007 2:42 PM In reply to

• Tibor
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Budapest, Hungary
    • Posts 36
    • Founder

Agree ! Definitely BeoLab 4500 and 5000 !

Next step: BV7-40 or BS3 with projector ?

• 08-10-2007 3:43 PM In reply to

Hmm, i was thinking of a Dirigent (tube radio stereo) maybe with DAB and with powerlink connection...:)

And early 70 Jensen beolit, probably slightly bigger (as it should be stereo but with the same sound quality, so/but not a system 10!) maybe also with DAB and memory (slot) for MP3....

@Flex: agree on the parts but supply units for MX aren't hard to fix/get fixed, all parts are quite common electronics, but yes: can't get the display covers for Lab 5000 anymore :(:(...so yes: cabinet parts, buttons, covers etc.

And there maybe still a big market for B&O shavers stil ???:):)

• 08-10-2007 3:51 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

This style of Beolit radio.

Truly classy design and would be right up there on my wish list even if they pared them down and added coloured aluminium grills instead of the plastic of the originals. I think they missed out when they released the BS3 - although it is very nice it just doesn't quite hit the spot for me.

Agree with the panel speakers too!

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 08-10-2007 4:19 PM In reply to

Giving this some thought, I don't actually want any products re-issued. I enjoy the thrill of the new products and any pastiche of a loved classic would always be a disappointment. Cues from older products are fine (BL3/Beovox 2500 etc) but it is the inventiveness of the B&O design team that keeps me coming back. I do like my old equipment but I would hate B&O to become stuck in the past. I like having products I hate from time to time (I know that sounds odd!) but often a little experience and understanding of what the designer meant changes my mind. I don't want a cozy product that I instantly recognise.

I do agree about some of the sentiments though. Some new interpretation of panel speakers would be most welcome.  

• 08-10-2007 4:32 PM In reply to

Yeah: that's the one. (the radio i mean).

Actually i just picked up my Beoworld-won BS3 so i can compare, haven't switched them on side by side yet but i'm almost sure that sound quality wise this 70's beolit is still the best sounding portable B&O ever made.

The BS3 i think is something to get sort of used to, because it looks more like a scale model of a light house rather than the radio we're used to.

However, it seems ''inviting'' to drag it around in the house.

It has quite some nice features, like the nice red led-display stays on via mains but goes off after a few seconds when on battery, automatic aerial, switch on and also off-timer.....

The weak part is the ''standard'' input for the charger (small weak connection in the bottom, hard to reach), should have been some kind of ''magnetic dock'' thing (like the one used by the Macbook): even i could have made up a nice 5 euro solution for this....

Oh, picking up on the thread: U70's with the quality of a HD600 (at least....).

• 08-10-2007 4:33 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

I don't think I'd like to see any of the old products re-issued. They are special because of the era they come from and to re-issue them would seem like B&O had finally run out of new design ideas. Unfortunately in life you can never go back. It would be nice if we could some how manage to reproduce parts that are often needed. eg glass panels. Surely it can't be that difficult? Must be people on this forum that are involved in many manufacturing sectors?

Durban South Africa

• 08-10-2007 4:45 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

I'd agree, the best "products" they could reissue would be a load of belts, stylus's and so forth. I also think that if they were to go retro, they'd be better off making a new LP player, something cool that went on a wall vertically and used a new form of weighting system or a laser. As it is, it'll never happen as the development costs would never be recouped through the availible sales.
  • 08-10-2007 5:47 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Flat Panel speakers without a doubt.

The whole world has gone "thin" and imagine a spiced up pair of of Lab5000's next to a BV4-65 !! - a Mondrianic dream (if that's a word).

I'm surprised B&O haven't thought of it already - but there are a lot of products we don't know about that are in development. Cool

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-10-2007 5:59 PM In reply to

You are such a fickle lot! It can't be 6 months ago that Penta was the word. It appears that secretly, you all wanted Lab 5000's!!!!Surprise

I do have 3 pairs if anyone cares to part with some folding stuff!!!Yes -  thumbs up

Sorry, wrong forum.Devil

Regards Graham

• 08-10-2007 8:40 PM In reply to

I have nothing against the flat panel speakers, and they obviously command a good premium either Beovox or Beolab, but my understanding was that the flat panel speakers sold quite poorly 15 years ago when they were a current line. If that's the case, did the same people who hanker after them now buy them when they came out? I have it easy as I have some lovely Beovox Pentas that I bought second hand, but Pentas always sold strongly when new. I guess what I always wonder is why people get so dewy eyed over the panel speakers, yet no one bought them when they were current products, to the extent that the Beolab 5000s were heavily discounted by dealers when discontinued. Is it just that the thin-ness is en vougue at the moment with all the preponderence of flat panel TVs....I just can't see what all the fuss is about!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 08-11-2007 1:54 AM In reply to

• Denisc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 139
    • Bronze Member

Yes Peter and Ryan,Beosystem 6000 quad with four beolab 5000.Yes -  thumbs up

• 08-11-2007 3:47 AM In reply to

j0hnbarker:
    I have nothing against the flat panel speakers, and they obviously command a good premium either Beovox or Beolab, but my understanding was that the flat panel speakers sold quite poorly 15 years ago when they were a current line. If that's the case, did the same people who hanker after them now buy them when they came out? I have it easy as I have some lovely Beovox Pentas that I bought second hand, but Pentas always sold strongly when new. I guess what I always wonder is why people get so dewy eyed over the panel speakers, yet no one bought them when they were current products, to the extent that the Beolab 5000s were heavily discounted by dealers when discontinued. Is it just that the thin-ness is en vougue at the moment with all the preponderence of flat panel TVs....I just can't see what all the fuss is about!

It is the thin look. It you have a flat panel TV, I can see the point of flat panel speakers. With ICE power, they might even start to come close to the sound quality of Pentas. Laughing 

• 08-11-2007 3:55 AM In reply to

Peter:

It is the thin look. It you have a flat panel TV, I can see the point of flat panel speakers. Laughing 

I'll hang on to them for a while then. Sounds like the price is going up!Cool

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >