in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-24-2011 11:52 AM by Medogsfat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2011 7:32 AM

BeoGram 2000 problem

Firstly, hello everyone!

I was just given a BeoGram 2000 that had been sat in its box in a workshop for about 14 years, in really excellent condition, manuals and the lot, I was given it in good faith and told it was fully working when it was put in the cupboard, however there seems to be an issue with unit and I was wondering if anyone could help.

Firstly the tone arm seems to be sat too far to the right of the unit and is also actually touching the surface (which does not seem right to me!), secondly if you put a record on the deck and hit play, the tone arm moves way off to the right (right off the edge of the deck) and the turntable seems to emit a very quiet grating noise, after a few moments the deck stops spinning.

I was wondering if there was a simple fix for this issue or if anyone had any ideas what it might be, I'm a technician so I've got no problem opening it up to fix, but didn't want to start poking about in there without any ideas!

Many thanks.

• 10-10-2011 8:56 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: BeoGram 2000 problem

Welcome to Beoworld !

Sounds like the sequence wheel and related mechanical parts hasen't been assembled correctly.
    Very hard to diagnose further without actually looking inside and knowing which type of Beogram 2000, you have.

Martin

• 10-23-2011 4:28 PM In reply to

Hi Martin,

thanks for your advice, I did take a look inside and part of the tone arm moving mechanism had popped off its seat (highly technical me). I replaced it and the tone arm now moves correctly, however, now when you put a record on it and play it, the tone arm drops down just a millimeter away from the edge of the record, or it goes on fine and sort of 'slides' across the record. Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help!

• 10-24-2011 11:52 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

It's been a while since I have done the set down adjustment but there is cam inside which you turn (very little) to adjust the set down. I think there are actually 2 of these - 1 for 12" & the other for 7" singles if memory serves me. I've added a pic from the service manual below.

As for the arm sliding across the record :-

1. Have you got the tracking weight set correctly?

2. Has the anti skating mechanism spring been dislodged during transit/repair?

3. Is the cartridge a good one?

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)