in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-06-2011 11:04 AM by Stan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-04-2011 7:09 PM

Beosound 5 question

When changing from artists, covers, songs on Beosound 5 screen wheel, screen goes black with a small white arrow and freezes up. Rebooting does not help at all. This has been happening since the last two automatic updates which I assume have been for beo 6 two way communication that will be available this autumn. Getting ready to send the beomaster 5 black box back to Chicago store but wanted to check to see if anyone on Beoworld could advise me first. Thank you!
  • 07-05-2011 11:55 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Beosound 5 question

You can try to go into the expanded menu (set focus on SETTINGS, then press >>,<<,>>,<<,GO) and run "start restore" under the maintenance menu.  This will take you back to a prior version of the software.  Then, when this process completes, you can try running it and see if it seems to be working correctly.  If so (and you feel lucky) you can go to "update software", and have it upgrade your software to the current release.

Also, if you have any favorites that you want to keep, take note of them as it seems like software upgrades lose these.

You might also try disconnecting and reconnecting all the BS5 cables from the BM5, on the chance that this is just loose connection.

However, from what you describe, it is probably more serious than this...

Stan

• 07-05-2011 3:41 PM In reply to

Stan- you are an absolute miracle worker. This morning did exactly what you recommended and so far, no problems like before. I did have to redo a password via maintenance to download new files and am slowing regaining cover art, but no more white arrow, sand glass or freeze ups when I go from selection to selection! Hope that the system continues to work as flawlessly as it has for the past two hours. Again, thank you for eliminating such a frustrating experience I had been having for the past month or so. This all started with an auto update I received in early May for the Beosound6 2 way communication capability. I hope that Jeano in France was able to see your post for he had same problem as I. Again, my very sincerest thanks to you!
  • 07-06-2011 11:04 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Glad I could help.  I also had the Beo6 "upgrade", and this is how I fixed it - with a little help from others on the forum.

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)