in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-05-2011 5:37 AM by Michael. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-29-2010 6:30 PM

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Beosound 8 - picking it up tomorrow!

I have purchased a Beosound 8 and picking it up tomorrow! Big Smile

Happy Days!

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 12-29-2010 9:54 PM In reply to

• Hungedu
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-08-2009
    • Ambergris Caye, Belize
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound 8 - picking it up tomorrow!

You will really enjoy it. Don't pay too much attention to all of the skeptics on this forum saying the BS-8 is cheap and badly designed. Sure, it's not a $5000 sound system, but for $1000, it delivers the expected sound quality with an avant-garde look. You can't go wrong!

I bought one for Christmas, and after playing it for my family, even my brother, who is terribly frugal, now wants to purchase one for his home.

BeoVision 7-55 3D, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound 8, BeoLab 7-6, BeoLab Penta III, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 2, LC-1, BeoTime (analog clock), Form 1 headphones, Beo 4 remote.

• 12-30-2010 1:01 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

I totally agree. ALthough I'm one of the non-buyers due to lack of link, I have to admit that I already tried it and it's excellent. By far, better than any other on the market. Sound is very impressive.

Best regards

Spiros

• 12-30-2010 4:01 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Another BS8 purchased! Good News. Enjoy!!

Durban South Africa

• 12-30-2010 4:09 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

I did have a listen to it a week or so ago and very impressed!!! Much better than the Bose/ Bower Wilkins equipment!

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 12-30-2010 4:59 AM In reply to

I have mine now for two weeks playing in our summer house, and I love it.

The sound is great (for the price) even at high volume.

Only, the remote... It is too light imo, they should have added some weight and a aluminium in stead of plastic ring around it.

But still: highly recommended
  • 12-30-2010 9:19 AM In reply to

Congratulations! Enjoy your new toy!

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-30-2010 10:41 AM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

You'll be very pleased!!!!

This is a very good B&O product. . .especially at the price point!

MJM

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 12-31-2010 9:16 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Well, it arrived and i'm still grinning!!!

Absolutely love it!!

• 12-31-2010 10:40 AM In reply to

• Henry
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-30-2010
    • London
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

It's a great bit of kit and sounds very good. You need to discount most of the comments from the smart arses in this forum and just enjoy it. I've had mine since before Christmas and it's taken me some trial and error to set up the radio alarm because the free B&O app is rubbish. 20 radio stations none of which I'd want to wake up to and it appears the paid-for app is going to be €12.99 - gimme a break!

But no regrets, I'm chuffed with it.

• 12-31-2010 10:45 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Henry,

Thanks for your message. I'm not interested in the B and O app - not too impressed myself but I guess with it being new it will take a while for comments to filter back and i guess there will be an update in the future.

£12.99 is a bit steep. What you need to do is download TuneIn radio which has pretty much all the radio stations in the world on!!! Requires an internet connection or 3G to work best! I think the app is 59p!!!

• 12-31-2010 10:59 AM In reply to

What are you using it with? Ipod or Ipad? And what colour did you get? I am sure it will be an excellent system - we need pictures! Smile

• 12-31-2010 11:12 AM In reply to

• Henry
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-30-2010
    • London
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Chris. I've discovered tune-in radio and it's this I've had to get working with the BS8 using trial and error. It's working out the difference between "on", "stand by" and "deep sleep" that's been taxing. With an iPod touch docked you then have two devices that have to be in the correct state at the same time for the alarm to work. Being colour blind and the indicator light just a pin *** I can't tell the difference between green, orange and red. What fun.

• 12-31-2010 11:15 AM In reply to

• Henry
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-30-2010
    • London
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Must be some daft filter on here that's never heard of a pin pr*ck (my '*' or it will be bleeped out!) of light?

• 12-31-2010 11:29 AM In reply to

Automatic filter - clearly American English or your first post would not have got through! Big Smile

• 12-31-2010 11:41 AM In reply to

• Henry
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-30-2010
    • London
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

I've just seen whySurprise

• 01-01-2011 7:09 AM In reply to

I picked mine yesterday on Dec 31st of 2010 AD.

I unwrapped it at home, connected the power cable to the beosound, adjusted the weel, put my iPod touch 1st generation on the dock, started a piece of music (Stairway to heaven) and ... nothing happend.

I started troubleshooting and voilà:

Plugging the cable into the electrical socket nearby in the wall did the job Idea.

Listening to my music and to some radiostations via diverse radio apps is fine (Beoplayer only works with my iPod touch 4th generation). Sound is very good. Stereobase ist a little bit too narrow. But it doesn't matter during breakfast in my kitchen and in other places I want to present sound (and pictures).

The remote control is just the right thing, better than a Beo 4, which does a good job in my living room.

iPoditiv

• 01-01-2011 7:14 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Does anyone know if the A9 Keyring will work with BS8? What is the RRP of the A9 Keyring and what features would work with it?

• 01-02-2011 1:36 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

The only function you'd get would be to switch it OFF!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-05-2011 5:37 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

I can't wait to see pictures ;-)

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)