in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-14-2010 6:15 AM by Steven_London. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2010 6:15 AM

BEONET and Lexcom Home

Hello,

I know that there are a number of posts already regarding the new BEONET (not released yet?) and the existing Lexcom Home product. Both seem very similar but Lexcom use a non-standard cable correct?

I have read the Cat7 New BO Installation Manual and it does say that both systems are approved as compatible in the Q&A section at the end but does not provide much more detail than that. Given that I have not started the installation of either system would it be best to wait for the B&O stuff or go with Lexcom? The range of sockets for Lexcom products seems much larger and flexible compared to the ones stated as available in the B&O manual.

The reason for starting a new thread was because I wanted to ask a new question also about the distribution of Video. In the B&O manual it does not mention video. I guess that for existing products video will still need to be distributed over Coax while the ML and PL signals will go via Cat7 or LexCom. The reason I ask is because the LexCom system also has the ability to distribute TV signals and one of the modules available not only takes in external aerial but allows for a return signal via RJ45 to be then forwarded to other RJ45 ports (LexCom Home - A110 TV Radio Distribution Module). Given this feature, would it be possible to send the RF output from the main TV into the LexCom and then use the remaining RJ45 ports to distribute the video signal along with external TV signal to link room TVs? It is possible that I have just totally mis-understood how the product works!

Thanks

Steven

Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)