in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-28-2010 4:36 PM by Steve at Sounds Heavenly. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-27-2009 7:20 PM

Datalink Cables

Hi, I recently purchased a Beosystem 5500 and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some datalink cables for this setup.  I saw that Sounds Heavenly sells them, but $24 for 1m seems a bit pricey for me.  Could I use a 7-pin midi cable?  I'm located in the US, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad

Filed under: ,
  • 12-28-2009 3:10 AM In reply to

Re: Datalink Cables

I don't think you will find a better deal anywhere than Sounds Heavenly...

• 12-28-2009 4:25 AM In reply to

This sister site contains details on what is used by each cable ...

BeoTech 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-28-2009 12:17 PM In reply to

Cool, I haven't seen the Beotech section before.  So, would I be able to use a 7 pin midi cable?  Because I can get one for 9.99, and I think that's a better price than $8 a foot through Sounds Heavenly.  Then again, that particular cable is 25' and that's pretty ridiculously long.  I'm not knocking Sounds Heavenly or anything, I think they have a lot of good stuff, just that I wish I could find a cable for a little cheaper.  Thanks so much for your help guys.

• 12-28-2009 12:24 PM In reply to

Curious, what do you need the DLink for and how long? Don't the other devices have it included in this series? 

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-28-2009 12:41 PM In reply to

I need it to connect my Beogram CD5500 to the Beomaster, because when i bought the system, the cd player was missing its datalinkSad  As such, the length doesn't have to be very long at all.

• 12-28-2009 12:43 PM In reply to

tockvock:

I need it to connect my Beogram CD5500 to the Beomaster, because when i bought the system, the cd player was missing its datalinkSad  As such, the length doesn't have to be very long at all.

Hmmm... Let me have a look around, I may have one! BTW, I'm in the states... SC Smile

++++EDIT++++

How does this look?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-28-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I thought the CD5500 had a captive output cable. Is it in fact a CD50 you have? I know they came with outputs for either DIN or phono/RCA so the cables were completely detachable.

You can use any fully wired 7 pin DIN cable for this, the problems only start with Beogram record decks which have to be shielded to ground to prevent humming.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 12-28-2009 4:07 PM In reply to

Thanks for looking for me!  That does look about right.  Oh and in reply to Medogsfat, I do have the CD5500 and it doesn't have a captive output cable.  The Beocord and Beogram do, but the cd player does not.  Thanks!

• 12-28-2009 4:14 PM In reply to

You know what... that is exactly what I was thinking regarding the captive cable!?!? I am confused as I thought it had one too. Confused

Is there indeed a DIN socket out? (There should be a "future use" digital out) Or, might the cable have been cut? Anyone?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-28-2009 5:15 PM In reply to

Thankfully the cable hasn't been cut, there's a din socket. Here's a pic of the back to clear up any confusion. 

• 12-28-2009 5:21 PM In reply to

tockvock:

Thankfully the cable hasn't been cut, there's a din socket. Here's a pic of the back to clear up any confusion.

Well, I'll be! There it is! Laughing

I'll send you an email!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-28-2009 5:25 PM In reply to

Awesome, thanks!

• 12-29-2009 9:59 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

tockvock:

Thanks for looking for me!  That does look about right.  Oh and in reply to Medogsfat, I do have the CD5500 and it doesn't have a captive output cable.  The Beocord and Beogram do, but the cd player does not.  Thanks!

Well we live & learnBig Smile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 12-29-2009 10:35 AM In reply to

Very interesting! Clearly the US models catered for connection to other makes - though without a remote, the 5500 is pretty basic! Wonderful deck though - the early ones were probably the best CD players made by B&O - TDA1541A DAC and brushless motor.

• 01-28-2010 4:36 PM In reply to

Hi tockvock,

Sorry I couldn't get you a better price in this case.  I'm not certain of the quality or suitability of the cable you linked to at musiciansfriend.com but I see they have included shipping costs within USA only, whereas I quoted you a price including free priority Worldwide shipping by Airmail.  Hence, this will be part of the reason for the price difference.

I try to keep all of my prices competitive, but never at the risk of compromising quality or service.

Kind regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)