in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-28-2009 12:55 PM by vikinger. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2009 9:13 PM

newB question: BeoTalk 1200 no power

I just purchased a used BeoTalk 1200 but can not power it up. Is there any tricks to turn on the unit? also... the wire going to the answering machine is it a regular tel. wire (after the junction of the power line & Tel. Line)? 

TIA.

BeoDoc

• 08-21-2009 10:38 PM In reply to

• WiBi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-16-2007
    • Rijnmond NL
    • Posts 40
    • Bronze Member

Re: newB question: BeoTalk 1200 no power

I had the same problem. A new cable from the dealer solved the problem. I used a normal telephone cable and that didn't work. So you might need to contact a dealer.

Why we're on this planet? Because that's where they have B&O

• 08-22-2009 5:36 AM In reply to

I even tried connecting the adapter directly to the unit and still no power. Do you think the only way for it to work is as shown in the manual going thru the junction box?

• 08-23-2009 1:23 PM In reply to

• WiBi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-16-2007
    • Rijnmond NL
    • Posts 40
    • Bronze Member

I tried that too at the time, it didn't work either. So I cocluded that the BT1200 was broken and sended it to the dealer. He only replaced the cable by an original B&O cable and it worked. So that might solve your problem as well.

Willem

Why we're on this planet? Because that's where they have B&O

• 08-28-2009 12:55 PM In reply to

BeoDoc:

I even tried connecting the adapter directly to the unit and still no power. Do you think the only way for it to work is as shown in the manual going thru the junction box?

I bought a 'New' (i.e. unused) Beotalk 1200. It was in the original box with all cables and instructions etc.

I initially made the mistake of plugging it into a telephone extension socket where this model will not work. Eventually plugged it into the first/primary socket (cable entry to house) and got it to work. But this was only after using an elastic band to hold the telephone micro plugs into the splitter unit supplied with the phone: there is a tendency for the phone plug plastic spring clips to lose their elasticity with age and so the plug does not make a proper connection in the socket.

I would guess that anyone buying a Beotalk 1200 without the original wiring units and instructions could have some difficulty getting it powered up and working properly.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)