in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-26-2009 1:00 PM by soundchoice70. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2009 2:51 PM

iPod - B&O

I have one idea.....

Recently I've bought new iPod classic to store all my digital music.

Of course I would like to play music from iPod to my system and this is not problem. I was thinking to use iPod wireless somehow, so that I can play from my sofa. And I saw solution with FM transmitter for iPod.

Do any of you have some experience with FM transmitter ?

Or do you have some idea how to solve this ....

Thanks!

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 05-23-2009 4:25 PM In reply to

Re: iPod - B&O

That is certainly an idea though the quality of most FM transmitters seem to me to be not that great. I attach my computer to my system using a wire and an iPod Touch acts as a remote. Better quality and works anywhere where I have a link speaker.

• 05-23-2009 4:49 PM In reply to

You mean that iPhone or iPod can be remote and play music from your iTunes on the computer ?

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 05-23-2009 4:53 PM In reply to

Yes. It works just as if the music was on the iPod and you do have volume control as well, to an extent, using just the iPod. Means digital music is accessible as using just the Beo4 is impossible with 200Gb of music! Also means I can access it all as the biggest iPod is now only 120Gb - although I do have a 160Gb one!

• 05-23-2009 5:29 PM In reply to

Sorry Peter but I dont understand .... Sad

I'm reading that it only work paired with mac! I have iPhone and no luck to intall remote on PC Sad

• 05-23-2009 8:30 PM In reply to

• Joe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2007
    • SoCal
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

Peter is right, connect your computer to your system using the "aux" via audio master such as BeoSound 9000 ect. Install the apple remote on your iphone and sync it with your itunes then control your library with your iphone. It doesnt matter if you have a mac or pc.

Joe

Its not just a product, its a way of life...
  • 05-23-2009 10:03 PM In reply to

Hi Martin,

I have attached below a very helpful thread which might be of assistance to you in setting up your system.

In addition to what Peter and Joe have noted, if you have a wireless network at home, you can connect wirelessly to the system, which is outlined in this thread. But basically all you need to do is..

1.get an apple Airport Express (wireless device about US$100+/-) connect it using your existing Ipod cable to the aux port. 

2. get the AE to join your wireless network.

3. set up your itunes to find remote devices/speakers (refer to thread as it goes into detail on this).

You should then be set up to stream music to the system!

To get your iphone working as a remote, you have to download i-remote (from Apple) in itunes applications on your computer and then sync with your iphone. Then follow the setup guide and now you can control all your itunes on your PC desktop.

I suggest you can also go to Apple and read up on the AE / itunes / iremote for more info as well.

Have a read of this thread (note - read to the end, as remote buddy works, but if you just want music iremote is much more responsive, easier to use)... it should make everything clear for you, it did for me!Big Smile

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/8543.aspx?PageIndex=1

Good luck with it, it really is neat and simple.

Laurence.

• 05-24-2009 11:23 AM In reply to

Thanks Laurence !

I was thinking to use apple remote ( one that apple offer on the site ) but it seams to me that only working with mac's ....

• 05-26-2009 1:00 PM In reply to

Hi Martin,

Did you manage to work this out? Because the i-remote should work with your itunes, no matter whether its mac or pc... you down load and sync in itunes. You will then need to do the setup and enter the code they give you to make it work...

Let us know what seems to be the problem. As its a much neater solution than having to get up to adjust your ipod to change tracks!

Laurence.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)