in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-12-2009 5:37 PM by The_Beonic_Man. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2009 2:05 AM

Bang&Olufsen trade in old for new

I would like to know what kind of experiences do you have in trade in "old for new products" at your dealer.

I live in Slovenia and we have one dealer in the capitol who does not even want to hear this kind of business, so no trade in "old for new" is possible. It is the same with the Austrian delar accross the border. No trade in old for new. But they were so kind to help me find a very good second hand set a time ago as I have bought several new products in the past there.

So what are your experiences with that? I would like to trade in my BeoVISION 7 32'' MKI and buy the new BeoVision 7 40'' with blu ray player.

Thank you for your answers.

• 02-11-2009 2:56 PM In reply to

Re: Bang&Olufsen trade in old for new

Dealers in the UK will certainly entertain trade ins though the prices given may not be as good as you could get on the open market.B&O resellers will also buy equipment - again prices paid will reflect the need to make a profit on the deal.

• 02-11-2009 8:50 PM In reply to

I'd would love to see that in HK too.

Bouncer

• 02-12-2009 4:27 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

My dealer is very kind with me. He kept my Avant 32 VCR when I bought a BV7 32. And then, he kept my BV7 32 when I bought a BV7 40 Mk3. Always paying some money, of course Smile

Quim

• 02-12-2009 12:06 PM In reply to

Quim43:

My dealer is very kind with me. He kept my Avant 32 VCR when I bought a BV7 32. And then, he kept my BV7 32 when I bought a BV7 40 Mk3. Always paying some money, of course Smile

They don't do it to be kind they do it to make money. However, there are some dealers who are better than others thats for sure. In my opinion, I see that as those with good business sense and those without. You should be thinking about building a relationship with your customer, that's when you'll see their money. If you just try to sell them a product every time they walk in the shop then you're on a losing streak. There's plenty of B&O delaers who don't even understand the basic B&O philosophy of customer service and after sales support, a dealer 'somewhere' in Wales springs to mind, awful. People who are polite, friendly and give me quality time, which means taking me seriously and paying attention to me, will eventually get their hands on my loot, but they'll have to earn it and I'll make sure they do.

Simon.

• 02-12-2009 5:32 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

The_Beonic_Man:

...building a relationship with your customer..

As I've said by PM, this 'relationship' is only based on trade. If I don't buy future products, the same dealer ends up 'forgetting' about me as a previous important customer.

I bet I don't receive a pro-active email stating that the new sw 5.08 update will now fix my BV7-40 link room problem.

This so-called relationship (I don't know how any trade can be called a 'relationship'. I don't have a relationship with my clients) is two-way. It relies on the dealer to encourage me to buy from their store, as much as it is for me to keep on spending.

• 02-12-2009 5:37 PM In reply to

moxxey:

The_Beonic_Man:

...building a relationship with your customer..

As I've said by PM, this 'relationship' is only based on trade. If I don't buy future products, the same dealer ends up 'forgetting' about me as a previous important customer.

I bet I don't receive a pro-active email stating that the new sw 5.08 update will now fix my BV7-40 link room problem.

This so-called relationship (I don't know how any trade can be called a 'relationship'. I don't have a relationship with my clients) is two-way. It relies on the dealer to encourage me to buy from their store, as much as it is for me to keep on spending.

Spot on Chris, I agree. Lets not be naive its about money from both their point of view and ours, we want to get the best deal and they want to get the best price. For me, its about 'how' that process is carried out. There's good ways of doing it and bad.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)