in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-19-2009 6:04 AM by 9 LEE. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2009 4:34 PM

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

B&O Customer Service - websurvey.opionbar.com

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone has had an email, allegedly from B&O Customer Service, but it didn't look genuine so thought I'd share to see if it is a phishing scam. I had a service visit recently as my BS3 stopped talking to my Topfield, but it made me think twice as I don't have a B&O flat TV (yet!)

On 3 Feb 2009, at 12:12, Bang & Olufsen Customer Service wrote:

Dear customer,

Recently you contacted Bang & Olufsen for support of your flat TV.

Would you be willing to participate in a short survey regarding your experience?
    We value your feedback very much, as it helps us to serve you better in the future.

To start, please click on the link below. Completing the survey takes
    approximately 2 minutes.

http://websurvey.opinionbar.com/go.asp?xxxxx

In case the link doesn't work, please entirely copy it into your browser.

Your feedback will stay anonymous and your name and e-mail address will not be
    sold, rented or licenced to third parties.

We look forward to get your opinion!

Kind regards,

Steen Graugaard
    Senior Director
    Bang & Olufsen - Global After Sales Service

================================================================================
    This is an automated e-mail. Please do not reply as it will not be addressed.

PRIVACY POLICY
    B&O believes strongly in protecting the privacy of your personal information.
    For more information, please refer to B&O's Privacy Policy:
    http://www.bang-olufsen.com/privacy-policy

UNSUBSCRIBING
    You are receiving this email because you recently contacted B&O. Since your
    e-mail address will only be used for the purpose of this survey, unsubscribing
    is neither necessary, nor possible.

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 02-06-2009 5:02 PM In reply to

Re: B&O Customer Service - websurvey.opionbar.com

Bit fishy - but how did they get your details? Normally you get a card with a web address. I wouldn't answer it either!

• 02-06-2009 6:18 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

The English grammar is poor, not up to B&O's usual standards.  This sounds more like a scammer's attempt to sound Danish to me!

• 02-06-2009 7:00 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I would say "Definately Dodgy!"
    At least two grammatical errors, very un B&O like.
    I wouldn't click on the link that doesn't begin www.bang-olufsen

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-07-2009 8:42 AM In reply to

This e-mail did NOT come from B&0

Firstly, B&O never sends out e-mail/letters directly to customers with a HQ persons name and position.

When looking at the e-mail, there is embeded addresses as follows:-

http://websurvey.opinionbar.com/go.asp?s=p08866_re_uk&u=??????@???.com

and http://websurvey.opinionbar.com/go.asp?s=pnnnnn_re_uk&u=xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com

The domain is registered to a server in Holland with IP address 217.77.141.26

Subdomain is located on another server with IP 217.77.141.53

DOMAIN: OPINIONBAR.COM is registered with ISP Luna.nl and has a link to an ISP in the UK called f2s which is owned by Tiscali UK Ltd.

DELETE your Browser cache and delete the entry in your History. Run your Spyware scanner and if you don't have one, then download Adaware for free and scan you PC and remove all entries found. Don't be fouled by the fact that the link takes you to the B&O web site.

RSP: Luna.nl B.V.
    URL: http://www.luna.nl

owner-contact: O-MET130
    owner-organization: METRIXLAB B.V.
    owner-street: Eendrachtsweg 36
    owner-city: ROTTERDAM
    owner-state: ZUID
    owner-zip: ROTTERDAM, ZUID-HOLLAND 3012 LC
    owner-country: NL

admin-contact: P-MGB436
    admin-fname: METRIXLAB
    admin-lname: B.V. j.w.gerritsen@metrixlab.com
    admin-street: Eendrachtsweg 36
    admin-city: ROTTERDAM
    admin-state: ZUID-HOLLAND LC
    admin-zip: ZUID-HOLLAND 3012 LC
    admin-country: NL
    admin-phone: +31 10 282 74 68
    admin-fax: +31 10 282 74 69
    admin-email: x@x.org

tech-contact: P-IRC46
    tech-organization: olt 54
    tech-fname: Internet
    tech-lname: Connect Centre beheer@ICONNECT.NL
    tech-street: Diemen-Zuid, NH 1112 XH
    tech-city: + fax: +
    tech-zip: NL, +31 20 4954466+31 20 6954417
    tech-country: NL
    tech-phone: +31 20 4954466
    tech-fax: +31 20 6954417
    tech-email: x@x.org

billing-contact: P-MGB436
    billing-fname: METRIXLAB
    billing-lname: B.V. j.w.gerritsen@metrixlab.com
    billing-street: Eendrachtsweg 36
    billing-city: ROTTERDAM
    billing-state: ZUID-HOLLAND LC
    billing-zip: ZUID-HOLLAND 3012 LC
    billing-country: NL
    billing-phone: +31 10 282 74 68
    billing-fax: +31 10 282 74 69
    billing-email: x@x.org

nameserver: ns.hoofddorp.luna.net
    nameserver: ns.rotterdam.luna.net

Regards Keith....

• 03-19-2009 4:31 AM In reply to

• Pazcal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Djjz.. I cant believe you guys are that stupid, especially Keith Saunders. Ever thought of visiting the website of opinionbar before you ever spread some rumors around?

When you check the website www.opinionbar.com, you'll notice its a special organisation for online research. Metrixlab is the creator of the whole Opinionbar setup.

Reason why you guys received an invitation? Easy: Metrixlab is doing this research on behalf of BeoWorld.
    That is also the reason why they have the information about you: BeoWolf has send this trusted information to MetrixLab and MetrixLab agreed to use this information ONLY to invite people for a researchcompaign on behalf of BeoWorld.

• 03-19-2009 5:05 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Pazcal...

Metrixlab is doing this research on behalf of BeoWorld ?   I think not..  As owner of the site, i was never consulted by anyone from 'Metrixlab' about any surveys. Probably because i would have said no, as i am fanatical about the privacy of our members.

If BeoWolf wants to take part in a survey and has given permission, then great - but if there are any members of BeoWorld being sent unsolicited spam questionnaires 'on behalf of BeoWorld' then i will look at this legally, such are my feelings on the matter.

Please do not also come barging onto the forums calling people stupid without thinking first.  Djjz felt he was being sent a questionnaire from B&O, albeit an amateur looking one, and Keith Saunders was researching to see if it did indeed come from B&O.  It did not.

I would be interested to also know if Steen Graugaard, Senior Director, Bang & Olufsen - Global After Sales Service feels comfortable with Metrixlab conducting a survey with no permission, on behalf of BeoWorld, with no permission, and using his name, presumably with no permission.

Kind regards

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-19-2009 5:17 AM In reply to

• Pazcal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Hi Lee,

MetrixLab works with a strict procedure. The dont create surveys for people who dont exist, etc. I think you should check your contacts again. If you are the owner, and you did not have contact with metrixlab, who did give the information of the people about their visit.

The reason why I was giving my opinion, is because there are persons who are calling every mail SPAM, just because the mail isnt from the owner of the site. This is absolutly not true. There are companies who are cooperating with other companies, in this example: Metrixlab does the research about the poeples interest on the site and show the results to the client.

Which means, you can expect email from Metrixlab on behalf of the client.

• 03-19-2009 6:04 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Hello again Pazcal,

I have just emailed MetrixLab and Bang & Olufsen to authenticate this 'survey' on behalf of Bang & Olufsen.  I will not comment further until i have heard back from them, but i will publish the results on this thread

I can also state you are running round in circles a little with your explanations.  Firstly you defend an email that apparently sent on behalf of B&O, then say it's on behalf of BeoWorld, then i am aksed to check my contacts at B&O... Very odd.

I can categorically state that NO companies have approached me asking for BeoWorld Member details for a survey, and if they did - i would never agree to this.  If i did see that releasing any details to a third party may be of great benefit to members, the moderating team and entire membership would be asked first, every time.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)