in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-02-2009 11:47 PM by megatron. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-02-2009 11:47 PM

BeoCom 6000 Wiring Question

Hello everyone,

I've been having a good gander at all the great free information here but have come up short on one particular query.

My brother is getting rid of his BeoCom 6000 setup and this naturally his perked my interest (after all, who'd say no to free B&O,) however I'm living in Australia and the set is from the United States. Specifically it's the original Mark I variant.

I presume there are only a limited number of potential differences and am I right in assuming:

• The US AC adapter will be redundant because it's a fixed voltage input and Hz, thus I have to get a step down transformer or replace and AC adapter with a 240V/60Hz and possibly do a little RJ11 re-wiring
    • The frequency is 2.4Ghz which is also used for digital cordless telephones in Australia so I think that's all okay. I can change my wireless router frequency channel should there be any interference also.
    • I unplug the power from the simple charging bases entirely so I can completely replace the adapter?

In closing, am I right in assuming the phone would have basic functionality? Also, I understand call waiting and caller ID can be country specific?

Cheers,

Piers

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)