in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-27-2008 5:28 PM by Razlaw. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-21-2008 8:57 AM

iTunes running on beomedia using iPod touch as remote control - possible?

I am running a beomedia mainly for N.Radio and N.Music. Foto and web is also ok, but not roccket science. I am not happy at all using the BeoPlayer to "organise", store and play mp3 files and I am wondering whether I can utilise iTunes installed on tmy beomedia instead.

I was surfing quite intensively within BeoWorld forum getting the impression that there are some out there using their iPod touch as 2-way-remote control to select and play mp3 files in all linked rooms. If have seen statements saying, that together with the Beo 4 remote and the iPod touch running appleremote or RemoteBuddy it seems possible to select V.MEM (via Beo 4) and using the iPod the select the album to play.

I have the following question:

Is it possible to install iTunes on the Beomedia directly (after going to the desktop usig the Service Menu) and to "connect" the N.Music function of beomedia to play iTunes instead of Beoplayer? If so, what exactly is to be done? I only know how to get to the desktop of my Beomedia, having windows XP available to install iTunes, but that´s it. I have no clue what to be done on all the Beo-Settings....

If it is not possible to run iTunes directly on the beomedia: How to link an appleTV or any PC to the Beo master link system, so it is possible to chose V.MEM and listen to mp3 files in all linked rooms? As I do not have any clue on Beo Settings and my local dealer does not want to give any hint, I would need a "cookbook"-type of explanation..

Thanks in advance to all guru´s out there!

pfannera

• 12-21-2008 3:11 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: iTunes running on beomedia using iPod touch as remote control - possible?

Yes, it is possible to run iTunes on Beomedia. Just install iTunes, import all your music and connect your touch to iTunes. Press PC, N.MUSIC or N.RADIO to open the audio port to your Beosystem. If you press N.MUSIC, press also STOP, because otherwise Beoplayer will start to play the music. You can even control volume with the touch. Have fun.

Stefan 

• 12-22-2008 5:59 PM In reply to

Sounds like a plan.

Maybe you can give me some directions on how to set up things correctly. My current set-up is still the one built by my B&O dealer (so I assume this is "standard" and a common starting point):

• My Beomedia is linked via LAN to my WLAN Router. WLAN on my beomedia is disabled.
    • I have one PC linked to my beomedia. This PC is used to copy mp3 files or fotos to my beomedia
    • When introducing my iPod touch via WLAN into my network, what exactly I have to do to connect to iTunes running on my beomedia. How does the iPod touch connect to my beomedia?

I what be happy getting some hints and step-by-step support to get to your set-up. Thanks for sharing your knowhow.

Alex

• 12-22-2008 9:03 PM In reply to

• FFR
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Geneva, CH
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

Why don't you just purchase an apple tv? It would be a much simpler and elegant solution
  • 12-25-2008 11:38 PM In reply to

stefan:

Yes, it is possible to run iTunes on Beomedia. Just install iTunes, import all your music and connect your touch to iTunes. Press PC, N.MUSIC or N.RADIO to open the audio port to your Beosystem. If you press N.MUSIC, press also STOP, because otherwise Beoplayer will start to play the music. You can even control volume with the touch. Have fun.

Stefan 

I have Beoport and itunes on a PC. When using the Beo 4 in a link room  N. Music STOP works fine and then I can use the itouch with itunes. Pressing PC on the Beo 4 however has no effect. Why doesn't PC work?

Thanks! 

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 12-27-2008 10:07 AM In reply to

Anybody know how to get the PC button on the Beo 4 to work in a link room?

• 12-27-2008 10:17 AM In reply to

It is not an elegant solution. The user interface pushes the selling of Itunes content into the foreground, it is not designed around playing my own music or movies. Also, in regards to using the touch as a 2 way remote, the cover art is not loading fast enough over wifi.

I think for the price it is OK, but far away from a product that I actually wold want to use.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 12-27-2008 11:15 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Sorry, I didn`t see your question.....

The source PC must be assigned to your videomaster and your link product must be able to detect the command PC. So BV6 , BC6, BV7, BL 3500, BL active...can detect PC. BL 2000, MX-Beovisions, MCLs... can not. What is your link product?

Stefan 

• 12-27-2008 3:57 PM In reply to

stefan:

Sorry, I didn`t see your question.....

The source PC must be assigned to your videomaster and your link product must be able to detect the command PC. So BV6 , BC6, BV7, BL 3500, BL active...can detect PC. BL 2000, MX-Beovisions, MCLs... can not. What is your link product?

Stefan 

I have Masterlink and Beoport connected to the PC in one room, with Beolab 4000s. The main room has a BV7 Mk3 and a Beosound 3000, plus speakers. There is another Masterlink connection to an Avant and speakers but that MAsterlink is currently disconnected due to a problem with Avant.  In the main room I use N. MUSIC followed by stop and that does work fine.

How do I assign the PC to the videomaster?

Thanks! 

• 12-27-2008 5:24 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Would not work in your setup. PC (Beomedia) must be connected to the BV7-40 - directly via VGA and analog audio. The socket must be assigned as PC in the BV7 menu. If you have one of the mentioned link products you can control the BM1 via PC command in link rooms.

But the N.MUSIC command should work on all link products.

Stefan 

• 12-27-2008 5:28 PM In reply to

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)