in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-02-2009 6:31 AM by martin01. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2008 3:56 PM

Bv7-40 mk111 shuting down

I've had this Tv for a good couple of weeks and after a few day it started to shut itself down . It has a Bs7000 and Bv6 on ML with a RF Link Amp. ,  when the 7 isn't on and watching the 6  the 6 it would loose it's feed after 10 mins. but sometimes a few hours  , the stand-by light on the 7 would flash a few times ( I presume going into stand-by )  then remain permanently on , I think this red light shouldn't be on if a Tv feed is commanded down the ML . The feed to the 6 cannot be restored by pressing Sat or Freeview , I have to first press Tv ( analog ) then Sky or Freeview , it's then back to normal with the stand-by light on the 7 out . The 7 also shuts down sometimes when we have settled down for the evening and none of the link equipment is on , bit of a click and the screen goes black , not a soft shut-down , no curtains  . 
        There was errors on both Tv's in the service pages so software was loaded again but back to version 4. and seamed to solve the problem but it has now returned . The engineer is coming out again tomorrow to try and resolve the issue but might be difficult to pin down . Anybody got sugestions I can put to the engineer ?
    Richard Sad
  • 03-18-2008 6:10 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: Bv7-40 mk111 shuting down

I've seen that (shut down), twice. In fact, I thought it was the TV overheating, but the second time it did it after less than an hour, so ruled that out.

However, that was ages ago and hasn't happened since the recent sw upgrade. As it's nearly six weeks ago, and hasn't done it since, I've not even bothered reporting it.

My TV seemed to just look like it had switched off, although the Sky HD box was still on. The only away around it was to turn off at the mains and then turn back on!

• 03-18-2008 6:42 PM In reply to

Hello

I had also the problem, that my Beovision 7 40 MK III shutted down itself. The problem was the IRr-two-way communication of my BC9500. Since I covered the IR-emitter of the BC 9500, the problem is solved. 

Regards

Wallace 

• 03-18-2008 6:56 PM In reply to

Havant tried disconnecting from the mains to see it re-sets , probably wait to see what the engineer makes of it and see if there are errors in the service menu again . Talked to him today and he said they may have to exchange the TV .
    The BS7000 is in option ' 0 ' , does that also kill the transmitting IR. ?
    Richard
  • 03-18-2008 9:56 PM In reply to

I have a BS9000 linked to the 7-40 (Mark III) and I had problems with the BS9000 shutting down mid play but not the BV7! Sorry to confuse matters even more but it is starting to sound like masterlink connection and/or remote issues rather than faults with the TV or other product(s) installed. Have you experienced any recent power cuts? Also, do you use the A9 keyring? It took me ages to realise that every time I took the A9 out of my pocket and put it down it was often swithing products on and off! Couple of suggestions there anyway. Wish you all the best either way.

Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 03-19-2008 3:30 AM In reply to

We do get power cut as I'm in the country but not had one since the Tv arrived . The consensus is that it might be a ML issue , but the only time the Tv's red stand-by light flashes is when it turns itself off , normally it either on of off . Do the engineers log all faults onto a B&o service site so they can see if others have had similar problems ?
    Richard
  • 03-19-2008 6:46 AM In reply to

• Trucker
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-22-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 33
    • Founder

Hej,

It`s a ML- problem. The engineer has to install the new sw 4.12 to the BV7, that will solve the problem.

I have had the same issue where my BS 2500 would not turn on when connected to the TV through ML.

trucker

• 03-19-2008 7:40 AM In reply to

It had 3.5 software when it arrived , he then loaded 4.12 to get it up to date then this shut-down issue started after a few days , he thought it was a ML issue so installed 4. software to see if that cured it .
    Richard
  • 03-19-2008 1:33 PM In reply to

The engineer found errors in the service menu again and has now put software 4.00a in but it refused to flash one of the modules so that's as it was . He asked me to earth the outer on the aerial as a charge can build up . If it now still turns off on its own they will replace it .
    Richard
  • 05-09-2008 10:59 AM In reply to

New TV installed last Friday afternoon , it also shut down at 6-09 pm  . Back to square one .  Connected to the set are , Ps3 hdmi , Sky HD hdmi and scart , cameras ( aviaries ) thru a video recorder scart , masterlink to Bv6 and Bs7000 . Always shuts down at the same times , exactly 6 hours apart ( 6-09 am , 12-09 pm , 6-09 pm and 12-09 am ) and is a hard shut down with no curtains , stand-by flashes red after 10 seconds then remains on and the TV can be restarted but not sky first . The scarts and Ml have been disconnected but makes no difference . Put the set on at 11-50 today ready to see if it turned off as usual , came on ok in Dtv but wanted to reduce the volume but that action shut it down hard ( no curtains ) .
            I phoned Sky to see if the were accessing my HD box up the phone line ( or from space ) in some covert spying data gathering , but all I got from them was " we don't do things like that "  ( Microsoft do ) . The software is 4.17a and installed first time with no errors , but am now thinking that somehow it's got corrupted ( like the Sky box has put a virus in  ) and is an internal fault now and doesn't matter what I disconnect now .
    Richard
  • 11-02-2009 6:31 AM In reply to

Hi Simon (The Beonic Man), I have the same problem as you do. I have a Beovision 7-40 MarkIII (Sw 5.08) and a Beosound 9000 MarkIII ML-connected to the TV. Sometimes the BS9000 make a "hard-shut-off" but not the tv. Did you find a solution to your shut-down-problem? Is it a ML-problem?

Regards
    Martin

Beolab 5 with sw 3.0,  BV7-55 3D without Bluray(MK II), Beolab 7-4, Beolab 4000 MKII, Beolab 3500, Beovox CX100, Beosound 9000 mkIII, Cabinett 2054, Beo4 MKII, Oppo BDP-93 Blurayplayer (B&O-version)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)