in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2008 5:29 PM by Craig. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-28-2008 3:51 AM

Beogram 1202 turntable bearing lubrication

Hello, how do I lubricate the turntable bearing and with what? Are there any other parts that require grease etc? Thanks for any suggestions Richard
  • 02-28-2008 1:11 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Beogram 1202 turntable bearing lubrication

Hi, and welcome to Beoworld. Do I take it from you post that your turntable is running slow. This is a common problem with older turntables. What happens is the grease in the motor dries out and form a rather effective glue. This causes the motor to run slow. What you need to do is strip the motor down clean all the parts in Isopropanol for 24 hrs then reassemble, lubricating the parts with Sewing Machine Oil. Do not use 3 in 1 oil as the anti corrosive additives make it acidic. Did this myself to a Beogram 1203, so it must be an easy job to do.Laughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-28-2008 3:18 PM In reply to

Hi, thanks for your reply. The turntable is running at the right speed,  it's just that as I'm rewiring the arm I thought I'd service the other bits. The centre bearing in more modern turntables usually has some sort of Hypoid oil in it.  Any ideas or should I leave it alone?  All the best Richard
  • 02-28-2008 5:29 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

In that case then Richard, I would leave it alone. As the saying goes, "If it isn't broken don't try to fix it"Laughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)