in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-16-2008 9:29 AM by stefan. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-09-2008 9:51 AM

Data Signals

I have a query - is there any way of tapping into all the data signals that are on Masterlink so that they can be fed into a Lintronic box? thus giving full link capability?

It is possible to connect it via scart (Pin8 and 25) and it will receive all the commands assigned to that socket - i.e. if set to VMEM, it'll receive all VMEM commands. So I wondered if it was possible that all teh commands are sent on the Masterlink bus and could be picked up that way?

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 10-09-2008 11:26 AM In reply to

Re: Data Signals

=> http://www.lintronic.dk/AppNote_BeoLink.pdf

Does that help, perhaps?

• 10-10-2008 4:41 AM In reply to

Thanks yes, but I was wondering if all the signals are sent out on master link or if there is some routing that takes place. So for example, if the signal is a DVD command and is picked up on the TV does it keep the signal/instruction within the TV and route it to the DVD socket rather than out to to all connected products.

If that was the case then it should be possible to connect the data signals from Masterlink straight into the Lintronic Box

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 10-11-2008 5:17 PM In reply to

Unfortunately I don't know if all signals are transmitted, but i would suppose that the master compontents dont deliver the IR signales received directly via masterlink if they are controlling built in functions or functions of components connected directly to the master device, but maybe I am wrong.

In the document linkes aboved there is also described the possibility to use the SCART-Connector. Perhaps this does help.

What are you planning to do?

• 10-12-2008 5:43 AM In reply to

Yes, I think the commands are routed to the component connected, so don't go out on the masterlink unless it's to control another device like cd or something connected on masterlink. I tried the scart cable but that didn't work.

I was trying to get the lintronic box to integrate totally with masterlink so that you don't have to have the extra IR eyes in two rooms but could get the commands to it from existing B&O ones. I beleive though that they are looking to develop something that will do - my think was that it's only Satellite, DVD and my IPod which are all connected to my avant - so I thought that if it could somehow get the commands from the Avant that would be it integrated.

• 10-12-2008 10:39 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

The Lintronic will detect commands sent to a Beovisions SCART connector. PIN 8 is IR signal PIN 21 ground. If you connect these Pins to the IR input of the Lintronic box you can see the commands in the Configurators memory map. But the Beovision will only send commands in the mode the SCART socket is assigned to - see also Lintronic forum.

If you have an MCL link system you can send for example LIGHT commands all over the link. I control my relay board this way from different rooms in the house.

There is a way to send commads to the masterlink via Beolink converter but I never tried it.

Stefan

• 10-16-2008 5:46 AM In reply to

Hi thanks for the reply

I tried teh SCART connector but couldn't get that to work - I shall try again at the weekend and make up a lead. I must have wired it up wrong.

I also tried with Beolink Converter but couldn't get that to work, so think I must be doing something wrong somewhere - it's a shame that the Beolink converter doesn't work as that would make quite an elegant solution.

• 10-16-2008 9:29 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Maybe this helps:

input of Lintronic box is a 3,5 mm stereo jack connector. PIN A (tip) is 5 Volt, PIN B (ring) is IR signal and PIN C is ground. You need PIN 8 -SCART- to PIN B /IR)  and PIN 21 -SCART- to PIN C  (ground).

http://www.lintronic.dk/TableTopVersion-Technical-005.pdf

Good luck

Stefan 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)