in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-30-2011 5:09 AM by Michael. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-10-2011 11:35 AM

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Beosound 8 - to wall mount or not?

I am pondering whether to wall mount my Beosound 8? Can anyone recommend? Looking for pics for inspiration!

Thanks.

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 02-10-2011 11:39 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 8 - to wall mount or not?

I would recommend wall mounting 100% as my preferred placement option. However I would make sure I had no visible cables, trunking going up the wall etc.

Also, I'd be mounting it on a stud wall or a wall where you can run the cables externally if it was me. Either that or chase the cable/s in and redecorate!

Basically, if you are wall mounting it, hide the cables or it will look scruffy!

• 02-10-2011 2:28 PM In reply to

Hi Lew,

What are you up to these days?

Nick

• 02-10-2011 2:36 PM In reply to

Hi Nick! Hope things are going well in Sheffield!

I am very well thanks - Working as a Sales Engineer for an automation component company now, and getting on really well so far!

I still swing by the shop occasionally, in fact I need to go and collect a com 2 I bought before Christmas! Still love my B&O although sadly still not in the market for any big purchases! Haha!

• 02-10-2011 3:14 PM In reply to

Good to hear that you're doing well!

Sheffield is booming, sold a pair of Lab5s as centre channel speakers the other day!!!

If you ever find yourself Sheffield way, pop in for a coffee and chat...

Cheers,

Nick

• 02-10-2011 4:57 PM In reply to

Ha! Amazing :-)

Next time I am passing Nick, I will definitely drop in!

I suppose I had better post a pic to get this back on topic...

• 02-10-2011 5:17 PM In reply to

Got BeoSound 8 wall mounted and table mounted in the store - prefer it table mounted myself, although it makes more of a statement on the wall!

• 05-28-2011 4:56 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Hi, 

Thought i would ignite an older thread with something i was going to ask.

Has anyone that has purchased a Beosound 8 wall mounted it yet?  If so, how did you find the process?

I have had my BS8 for a few weeks now and i'm loving it!  Michael Jackson yesterday sounded great. 

Filed under:
  • 05-28-2011 5:15 PM In reply to

Hi Michael  glad you are loving your BS8! Its really grown on me and i love its design now - its quite iconic isnt it!!!   Have u tried the Djay app for your iphone or ipad yet?  its so much fun  proper djing!!!  Im thinking BS8 and lots of wild house parties that always get totally out of hand ;)

• 05-28-2011 5:25 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Hi Paul, Thanks for the reply.  Iconic yes and conical (lol, sorry dad's joke), but also reasonably priced.  I haven't tried the Djay app yet, i'll download it and give it a go and let you know.

I downloaded the B&O app, but i find that i'm not really listening to radio that much.  I don't mind talk back, but i think i have to invest some time in searching for a station for me.

I have found that my older ipod, a 5gen ipod classic isn't that compatible with it, but it plays the iphone4, latest nano with no dramas.  Plugs in easy with USB to my macbook.

And now i'm thinking whether i should wall mount it, but then it would lose it's portability.  I've moved it around the house quite easily. 

• 05-28-2011 5:37 PM In reply to

Hi Michael wow quite a dilema there. It looks great standing but also wall mounted too as long as you can hide the wiring.

That's interesting about your iPhone and Ipods. Ive got the iPod Nano6 (in orange) which i use for running, mountain biking and the gym. The iPhone, I use in the car etc. Ive lost count the amount of friends who have this month got themselves iPhone 4's - lets just say at least 10!!! maybe 15!

The djay software is get fun! it allows you to spin and scratch like a record etc. Its on offer from £5.99 to 59p at the moment! Ive got the full version on my white MacBook which is always very popular with my friends! i love that MacBook - it just seems to do everything perfectly! Even the anologue output is excellent!

• 05-28-2011 5:49 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Hi Paul,

Yes a dilema, but not a biggy.  Hiding the wiring is the most important thing with any installation i believe.

I also have the orange nano6 (i also like orange, esp with grey / black / white) and love that it has the radio function.  The issue i had when i plugged it in to the BS8 was that it needed the headphones in as they act as the aerial lol.  I use a blue shuffle with my orange A8's for the gym / riding. 

I looked it up and the Djay app is like $1.20 aussie, so i'm going to give it a burl.

I have the aluminium macbook, I like the look of the white one more, but it didn't have FW800.  To connect to the BS8, i don't use the 3.5mm connection, i use a USB to mini USB cable and play that way.

I can have the USB plugged it all the time and when i dock an ipod, it will play that too without having to disconnect the USB cable (which is the way it should be lol)

• 05-28-2011 6:01 PM In reply to

Hey Michael that's awesome that you dont have to unplug the mini usb in order to get the iPhone to play on the BS8! We use the chrome MacBook Pro's in the studio all of the time now as Aobe have just released Audition for the Mac and that is totally the UK radio editing software - it's excellent! 

I love the dinky size of the Nano - you can almost lose it in your pocket!

So are you really impressed with the BS8? Does it have a really impressive treble?  Have you experimented with the B&O 3 sound settings on the Apple menu yet?

• 05-28-2011 6:13 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

I am impressed with the BS8, and i like the treble.  I had the BS8 on the dining table yesterday (where i'm typing from today) playing Michael Jackson and it was so clear.

I like bass, but not too much bass.  There is a hard switch on the BS8 which lets you choose 3 bass settings from what i can understand.  I think B&O call it corner, free and wall. But to me it just adjusts the bass.

I find that playing with the EQ on the ipod / iphone also is good.  I haven't found any 3 sound settings on the apple menu, so i think you mean the 3 sound settings on the BS8.

The nano is dinky indeed, lucky it's got a clip! (if you take advantage of it)

• 05-28-2011 6:23 PM In reply to

I found this on the BS8 page under faq

Apart from this, you can make settings on your iPod/iPhone when it is docked in BeoSound 8; Select ‘Settings’, then ‘Speakers’ – You can then choose between the 3 equalizer settings:
    'Sound Enhance', 'Flat' and 'Bass Tilt'.
    When your iPod/iPhone is undocked, the sound adjustment resets to 'Flat'.

Hey Michael, I wondered how these settings sound?

• 05-28-2011 7:55 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Hi Paul,

I think i'm a bit of a twit.  I went to write back just now to say i can't see the settings.  I searched in general and sounds lol.

Ok, there is a speakers setting.  The 3 options are pretty much state the obvious.  I was listening to Kylie's Aphrodite Album. Flat does sound flat, and i think i like sound enhance the most. I think you would like that setting as it is clear and has the most treble.

You can also use the equaliser of the ipod too, with those settings like pop, electronic, jazz, rock, etc. 

Hope this helps.  

Yes when you re dock it reverts back to flat as the std setting. 

• 05-29-2011 7:50 AM In reply to

Hey Michael AWESOME.  Im glad you found it! I get the impression the 'enhance' setting would be awesome. On my iPod, I like the 'electronic' setting the best. Funnily enough when I got my first MINI Cooper with the Harman Kardon upgraded speaker system the cd player had settings like that and electronic did sound awesome!

I still long for the days of a separate bass and treble control though ;)

Thank you for posting that. Im desperate to try one now :)  PS I LOVE the BS8 in white.  Whenever im walking around London the B&O dealers always have them in their windows and they look amazing. The one in Knightsbridge had one in the other day and it really stood out!

• 05-30-2011 5:09 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Paul Winn:
    I still long for the days of a separate bass and treble control though ;)

If you could turn back time huh!

I did find a bracket on STB website which is a corner unit on a swivel hinge which looked pretty good.

Thanks, i also like the one in white; the black, although classy, wasn't as special as the white.  I am glad i also received the green covers, which are really like a dug egg blue

I'd love a second unit that had airplay then i could feel 100% comfortable about wall mounting it - be good for parties, then everyone could schedule what they like.  I know they can dock their own ipods, but just to have a flexibility would be great.  

PS Australia MINI have just announced the MINI Ray, which i think in the UK is the MINI ONE.  I had a MINI as a drive home car from the dealer one day when my car was being serviced, very quick and smart indeed.  

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)