in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-15-2010 6:22 AM by stefan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2010 11:20 PM

Question re MX4000

With digital television looming, and the switching off of the analogue system, I would still like to be able to use my MX4000 with my BEO4 remote ONLY...

Does anyone know if a Set Top Box controller can be fitted to an MX4000??? I'd like to avoid having to use one of those horrible plasticky remotes!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 07-15-2010 1:58 AM In reply to

Re: Question re MX4000

As long as it is not a very early one (pre Beo4 model) the answer is yes. However finding a STB-C will be tricky as B&O no longer supply this model.

• 07-15-2010 2:51 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Peter :

As long as it is not a very early one (pre Beo4 model) the answer is yes. However finding a STB-C will be tricky as B&O no longer supply this model.

If it is a DVB-T/S SetTopBox you want to use - there is an other possibility.  

A DVB-T/S receiver with build in code converter - connected to AV1 or AV2 (beeing configured e.g.
    as "V.Tape/V.Aux/DVD/...") using a SCART-Cable.

I'm using such a solution on a LX5000/BeoLink1000 - works perfectly
    My old TV "believes" to control a B&O-VCR and the receiver is also placed out of sight 

http://www.iq-tec.at/home.html  (Site unfortunately only in German language)

Beeing B&O dealers for many years they know exactly the needs - they are using "Technisat/Orbitech"
    products (made in Germany) as a platform and are implementing the code-converter into the STB.

• 07-15-2010 6:22 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

jldmelb:

With digital television looming, and the switching off of the analogue system, I would still like to be able to use my MX4000 with my BEO4 remote ONLY...

Does anyone know if a Set Top Box controller can be fitted to an MX4000??? I'd like to avoid having to use one of those horrible plasticky remotes!

The Beo MX STB controler is for the whole MX TV family incl. AV9000. Also works in earlier 2 way models (!) - Beo says it doesn`t work, but it does.

I have one fitted in my old MX4000 and one in my AV9000, both 2 way ans can be controled via BL5000/7000. Unfortunately the controler is not produced anymore, so you have to find a used one.

Second option would be a Lintronic box. www.lintronic.dk Your stb can be controled via the -238 box using the MX IR eye and a special SCART cable. Works from linkrooms too.

Third option is a special SCART cable that includes the IR converter made by oneremote. www.oneremote.dk. They also modify stbs for Beo4/5 use.

Fourth option is Ulf. Ulf also modifies third party devices for Beo4/5 use. www.ulf-kiener.de I have a sat box and a DVD player modified by Ulf. Works great.

Hope this helps

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)