in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-31-2010 5:48 PM by burantek. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-27-2010 11:36 PM

• tmcinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2010
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 9000 CD Transport Locked, broken peg/door sensor

I just purchased the unit from someone that updated their system and this unit has a few issues. First, the glass door is disconnected from the hinges, but does not look broken. Second, the lower clear plastic peg (with the unit on the vertical stand) is broken off, which I see in other posts senses if the glass door is closed. Third, when I hold the glass in place with the door closed, it pushes on the CD mechanism, which I would think is not the way it is supposed to be.

I am trying to test the unit and to do so I layed it down flat so the door could rest in the proper position, and I put a CD in the second spot from the top - the CD transport is currently at the lowest position and with the unit off it moves easily. When I turn it on and push the load button on the second slot it shows CD 2 on the display, but the transport does not move - trying to move it manually it feels locked.

In reviewing other posts about the safety features and the posts being some sort of light sensors, I assume it is not working because the lower post is broken off. I also don't see any light from either post, but I don't know if there should be a visible light. I am wondering if there is a way to defeat the safety feature to make it work so that I can at least test the CD capability.

Also, I can't find the serial number/model number on the unit, is it hidden somewhere? I looked in the black door and in the popour where the cables go.

Any help on any of my questions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rich

• 05-28-2010 6:49 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 9000 CD Transport Locked, broken peg/door sensor

Firstly, A Very Warm Welcome to Beoworld..

tmcinc:

Also, I can't find the serial number/model number on the unit, is it hidden somewhere? I looked in the black door and in the popour where the cables go.

To find the the 4 digit Type number and serial number just remove the "Control Panel" It lefts out from the end and you will see the data behind.

Once we know the type number and which version you have, then a lot of members will be able to help.

Regards Keith....

• 05-28-2010 8:50 AM In reply to

• tmcinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2010
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Thanks! That was easy! It is a Type 2523 from June 1997,  S/N 12705567. Now that I looked closer I can also see that the previous owner tried to glue the door but I guess it didn't work. I saw another post about using auto rearview mirror cement to attach the door. I would like to attach it if possible and the old glue will need to be cleaned off. Is it recommended to install it with the mounts on the unit? Any articles about fixing it?

Thanks,

Rich

• 05-28-2010 9:15 AM In reply to

I'm not sure if this is relevant anymore now that repair attempts have been made, but I think there was a factory recall on the early units because the glass door mounting wasn't good enough. If you get no other solutions, it's worth an inquiry at the dealer.

-mika

• 05-28-2010 9:26 AM In reply to

Without the glass door the machine will do some very wierd things and may convince you that some of the faults you describe are real.

Put the glass door on and the apparently unconnected faults both mechanical and electronic simply disappear. I kid you not!

Regards Graham

• 05-28-2010 9:55 AM In reply to

• tmcinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2010
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the quick replies! I would try to attach the door, but I would think with the broken lower peg it will still not work???

Rich

• 05-28-2010 10:25 AM In reply to

tmcinc:

Thanks for the quick replies! I would try to attach the door, but I would think with the broken lower peg it will still not work???

Rich

Correct, you must repair the finger protection system. As far as I know, it cannot be disabled.

Regards Graham

• 05-31-2010 5:26 PM In reply to

• tmcinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2010
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Has anybody here replaced one of these pegs, and are the parts readily available (a part number would help if available)? There is still a small part of the peg in the hole, not sure if there is a way to put something on top of it so it will think the door is closed. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Rich

• 05-31-2010 5:48 PM In reply to

tmcinc:
    Has anybody here replaced one of these pegs, and are the parts readily available (a part number would help if available)?

I have never replaced one... but the part# is: 3375163 for the clear plastic lens... certainly still available from a dealer.

As Graham noted, you MUST have this fixed as well as attaching the door... also, adjust the orientation screws correctly... I would assume for a flat, horizontal position as you work on/test it.

• B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)