in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-12-2009 4:34 PM by Razlaw. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-07-2009 4:58 PM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Apple TV Link Question

Hello All

If you have an Apple TV connected in the main room and someone is watcning tv can you still access the music in a link room via masterlink?

I know if you have a audio unit connected you can but what about when its conencted to the TV.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-07-2009 6:16 PM In reply to

Re: Apple TV Link Question

Yes, you can listen or view a video source in a link room that is different from the one played in the main room.

Regading the Apple TV, some people have had problems to distribute the picture to link rooms, as Beo TVs cannot distribute HD.

• 09-07-2009 6:16 PM In reply to

I just tried it and it did work. 

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 09-07-2009 6:20 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

wicked thanks gents

its ok i wont need to distrubute the video as i have the ipod touch for picking music via the remote app and i can connect the AV cable for masterlink sound.

Thanks again

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-07-2009 6:30 PM In reply to

Remember also that if you connect Apple TV to the TV by HDMI you will not get sound in the link room. Must connect the Apple TV to the TV with analog cables. We have ours connected with both HDMI and analog.

• 09-08-2009 4:10 AM In reply to

thanks for that info, Razlaw! I bought an apple tv on saturday and spent all weekend trying to work out how to get the link room to work!

Is there any noticeable difference in sound quality between the HDMI room and analog link room, do you think?

thanks again

david

• 09-08-2009 4:27 AM In reply to

Razlaw:
    We have ours connected with both HDMI and analog.

Were you able to connect the video in both analog and digital? How did you do?

• 09-08-2009 4:34 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

am i correct in thinking that the main room is connected via HDMI and the link room is getting its sound via Phono Leads on AV4.

As far as i have read there is an Ehco o o o o (sorry) as HDMI (digital) takes longer to process than masterlink (analogue)

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-08-2009 7:55 AM In reply to

The HDMI is for the main room as both video and Audio are needed, as well as surround sound. The analog are just for the link room. We have no video in the link room as we are in the USA and Masterlink does not support video here, only audio.I do not notice any apparent difference in quality although may be a bit difficult to determine as the main room has Beolab 9s and the link room has Beolab 6000s. The sound from the 6000s is wonderful however. I do not notice any echo between the two rooms although I have also heard there is a delay.  I have everything connected to AV3 on the BV7, HDMI and left and right audio and have it assigned to V. Mem on the Beo 4.

The only issue I am having is with the PUC. I have  Apple Remote in the PUC list. However, when I turn on another source, such as SAT or N. Music it also turns on the Apple TV and then does not turn it off always when the TV is turned off. Thus the Apple TV box is always on. 

• 09-08-2009 8:06 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

there is a new PUC out for the apple tv called Apple Remote Version 1.10a which can turn the apple tv on and off

And yes sorry i meant AV 3 as AV4 is for the internal DVD player

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-08-2009 8:42 AM In reply to

Thanks again Razlaw, it sounds as though i have the same sort of set up as you, with Lab 9's, BV 7-40 in the main room and with BL4000's in the link room. I'll grab another cable and have a play!

I couldn't find any reference to Apple on the PUC list so it looks like i need to get the guys in to do a software update

cheers

David

• 09-08-2009 4:31 PM In reply to

The Apple TV has a learning function for the remote. It is also possible to assign some other device in the PUC menu and then have the Apple TV learn those commands. I did that before we had the PUC updated and it worked fine.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/25352/193147.aspx#193147

• 09-12-2009 8:13 AM In reply to

Hi guys - sorry to drag this up again but i'm having real problems trying to get my link room to work.

Apple tv is connected to BV7 via HDMI lead to HDMI port D and Av3 and assigned to VMEM on remote Everything works ok soundwise and album covers etc displayed.

I've tried connecting a cable with red and white plugs to the apple tv audio sockets and to the middle 2 plugs in the AV3 section in the back of the tv, then going to the link room and pressing AV>VMEM on the remote but no sound coming out.

Is it possible to have the HDMI cable and the other cable plugged in at the same time? Am i plugging into the wrong sockets on the back of the t.v?

Any advice would be appreciated as i think the missus might have a sense of humour failure if i spend any more time tinkering!Unsure

• 09-12-2009 8:20 AM In reply to

The SCART has a Sound out and a Sound in... have you connected to the right to the right connector.

Sometimes Cinch to SCART adapters have a IN/OUT switch, have you tried both.

Can you check with another device that sound comes out of the Red/White connectors of the Apple TV?

• 09-12-2009 9:42 AM In reply to

thanks phil - let me have a go. The scart i'll connect to is the AV3 scart?

i assume i don't have to change any of the settings on the tv i.e AV3, VMEM, set to HDMI on the screen etc

cheers

Dave

• 09-12-2009 11:58 AM In reply to

DGeorge:

Hi guys - sorry to drag this up again but i'm having real problems trying to get my link room to work.

Apple tv is connected to BV7 via HDMI lead to HDMI port D and Av3 and assigned to VMEM on remote Everything works ok soundwise and album covers etc displayed.

I've tried connecting a cable with red and white plugs to the apple tv audio sockets and to the middle 2 plugs in the AV3 section in the back of the tv, then going to the link room and pressing AV>VMEM on the remote but no sound coming out.

Is it possible to have the HDMI cable and the other cable plugged in at the same time? Am i plugging into the wrong sockets on the back of the t.v?

Any advice would be appreciated as i think the missus might have a sense of humour failure if i spend any more time tinkering!Unsure

Ours is set up exactly as you describe and works fine using the Beo 4 just as you describe. As we are in the USA we do not have scart so I don't know how that would affect it.

Could it have something to do with the BV7 settings?

Ours are as follows:  Auto Selection Yes  HDMI D  Sound Input HDMI  YPbPi NO  AV3-AV3 No, although I have no idea what the last setting means or does.

By middle two plugs, do you mean the middle of the bottom row and the middle of the second row?

• 09-12-2009 1:33 PM In reply to

Hi Razlaw - in the back of the BV7 it looks like there are 4 sockets above the scart lead connection in the ''AV3'' section. Looking at the panel that comes off the back of the tv, they are labelled Y,Pb,Pr,SPDIF and PUC. I put the 2 plugs in the Pb and Pr sockets.

I really appreciate the time you are taking to help me

many thanks

David

• 09-12-2009 4:34 PM In reply to

DGeorge:

Hi Razlaw - in the back of the BV7 it looks like there are 4 sockets above the scart lead connection in the ''AV3'' section. Looking at the panel that comes off the back of the tv, they are labelled Y,Pb,Pr,SPDIF and PUC. I put the 2 plugs in the Pb and Pr sockets.

I really appreciate the time you are taking to help me

many thanks

David

I think those are the wrong sockets. I believe those are for video in connection with the Y socket. Our BV7 has Video in, Y, Pb, Pr. L In, R In, PUC and SPDIF.  I have the cables connected to L In and R In. Does your BV7 not have those as it has Scart instead?  I wonder if maybe there would be an adapter you could get to connect to the ends of the two cables and then plug them into the SPDIF or into the SCART?

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)