in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-10-2009 7:41 PM by Islippy. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2009 3:38 AM

How to transport.Beogram 5000?

HIYA (SORRY FOR CAPITALS - WRITING THIS ON MY PHONE AND ITS FORCING CAPS ON FOR SOME REASON)

ANYWAY, I'M PICKING UP A BEOGRAM5000 LATER AND  WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO LOCK THE TURNTABLE/TONE ARM WHILST TRANSPORTING IT TO AVOID DAMAGE. MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE. 

• 08-10-2009 5:56 AM In reply to

Re: How to transport.Beogram 5000?

UPDATE!

Carefully lift it up (don't flip it), at the buttom there maybe is some screws (3 or 4) that has to be tightened!

The pickup you can flip down the little acrylic plate and give the tonearm support by some foamblock.

Furthermore you can liftoff the turntable platter (on this model the transport screws alternatively can be placed under the platter) so it won't damage anything if you accidently flip the player upside down :-)

• 08-10-2009 3:01 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

The transport locks are actually under the platter. They are 3 discs with slotted holes which turn allowing you to access the transport screws via a hole - these screw upwards through the hole (anti clockwise) until they clear the plate. Then turn the plate and screw the screws downwards until they lock the sub assembly.

As for securing the tonearm, all you can realistically do is place some foam underneath it and tape it in place.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 08-10-2009 7:41 PM In reply to

Thanks guys - picked up safe and sound.  Appreciate the guidance.

Cheers

I

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)