in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-29-2010 7:48 AM by Dave. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2010 5:54 AM

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

BC2 connecter cable between unit and socket box length

I'm surprised this hasn't come up, i searched the forums and found nothing; the cable between the socket box and the unit, is very short! I'll be putting it on it's floor stand when the rest of my belongings arrive. 

Are there longer cables readily available? Soundsheavenly don't sppear to stock them...

Alot of the setups illustrated by B&o with BC2 have the unit quite far from the rest of the setup, so i am going to assume that they are available in larger lengths, question is what criminal amount do they charge for such a unique and complex cable?

While i'm here, are there any BC2 owners who have experienced a mechanical ^click^ sound from the unit, as the wings commence their return to closure?

- Thanks in advance, i'm coming here before i have to resort to consulting the dealer here. I do dread having anything to do with them because the few times i've spoken on the phone they sounded simply too busy to focus on my call. Queensland only have ONE dealership!! Huh?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-28-2010 8:09 AM In reply to

Re: BC2 connecter cable between unit and socket box length

From Beoworld product section:

The Socket Unit contains most of the electronics, as well as all external connections. This greatly helps the organising and concealment of the numerous cables needed in a typical A/V set-up. In BeoCenter 2 only a single thin cable, available in 1.8, 3, 5 and 10 metre lengths, connects the Master Unit to the Socket Unit. A 1.8 metre cable is delivered as standard.

• 03-28-2010 8:45 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

hi

i may have a 10 m one and maybe a 5m - need to locate the box and check!

salut

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 03-28-2010 11:44 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

stotty1111:

hi

i may have a 10 m one and maybe a 5m - need to locate the box and check!

salut

tony

Thanks mate! :) I can't afford to buy anything at the moment though, thanks to the BeoVirus!

• 03-28-2010 1:07 PM In reply to

Dave:

I'm surprised this hasn't come up, i searched the forums and found nothing; the cable between the socket box and the unit, is very short! I'll be putting it on it's floor stand when the rest of my belongings arrive. 

Are there longer cables readily available? Soundsheavenly don't sppear to stock them...

Alot of the setups illustrated by B&o with BC2 have the unit quite far from the rest of the setup, so i am going to assume that they are available in larger lengths, question is what criminal amount do they charge for such a unique and complex cable?

While i'm here, are there any BC2 owners who have experienced a mechanical ^click^ sound from the unit, as the wings commence their return to closure?

- Thanks in advance, i'm coming here before i have to resort to consulting the dealer here. I do dread having anything to do with them because the few times i've spoken on the phone they sounded simply too busy to focus on my call. Queensland only have ONE dealership!! Huh?

You could of course arm your self with the correct part number by studying the Product Pages of this forum!

Then a simple phone call to your dealer such as "How much is BC2 cable, part number *******, please." This must surely get a sensible reply?

If not then report the incident to B&O Head Office in your area. Ultimately, they need your money, so it is not in their interest to p*ss you off. 

Regards Graham

• 03-28-2010 10:10 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Had a good look Graham, a very good look. Information for that part doesn't appear to be here, unless i've done it wrong?

• 03-29-2010 5:57 AM In reply to

Dave:

Had a good look Graham, a very good look. Information for that part doesn't appear to be here, unless i've done it wrong?

Look here

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=384

Go down to BC2 Specifications. The typist was having a bad day but it is there!!!

When you find it you'll think "no wonder I didn't spot it"

Regards Graham

• 03-29-2010 7:48 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Yep, thanks. Found it, jeez it's not layed out too well at all.

Now if only someone would come along and answer the rest of my question, (the click sound the units wings make ~ it isn't the clamper i'm referring to...)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)