in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-04-2012 6:10 PM by jcfl. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2012 6:43 AM

• jcfl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2012
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Ouverture doors not closing

Hi All, I am trying to redeploy a Beosound Ouverture (Type No 2636) that has been sitting idle in a cupboard for a few years.

I have set it up with a pair of BL4000 in a link room and connected to a BS9000 in the main room using option 6. All sources on the Ouverture and the BS9000 play as expected and the BEO4 controls it all.

All seems well apart from a problem with the doors and lights on the Ouverture. When the unit is powered up (mains switched on), the doors immediately close and then open again. After this they stay open until the mains supply is switched off and on again. Even in Standby the doors stay open.

In other words: Whenever the system has mains power, the doors are open and the lights are on.

It doesn't seem to be a mechanical problem as the doors close and open when power is switched on.

Any idea what might be causing this and what it would take/cost to fix it?

Thanks,
    Jacob

• 01-04-2012 3:10 PM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

Re: Ouverture doors not closing

Offhand I'd say it's because it's 'seeing' something in front that is triggering the doors to open.  Have you tried moving it to a different, less cluttered location?  Perhaps the glass is dirty - remove the panes and clean them.  If you press the red dot on a Beo4 remote, this should close the doors.  Does it?

• 01-04-2012 6:10 PM In reply to

• jcfl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2012
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Re: Ouverture doors not closing

I have removed the doors and cleaned them and the panels behind them. There is nothing within 10 feet in front of the unit.

When I press the red dot the doors move about 1mm towards the closed position the first time. When pressed again the doors move back to the fully open position. In the slightly closed position (after 1 press on the red dot) I can manually push the doors to the closed position but the lights stay on. In the fully open position they cannot easily be closed manually.

The system operates fine with the manually closed doors until I press the red dot again at which point the doors open...

If I then unplug the system and plug it back in, the doors close when power is restored and the lights go out, quickly followed by the doors opening and lights coming back on.

Jacob

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)