in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-30-2011 8:25 AM by DrDimitris. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-24-2011 11:05 AM

Beolit 707 broken parts. Need some help

I have just received my Beolit 707 through the weell know auction site. Price was very good, excellent condition. Today i received it and it did not work Sad. The seller is confident that the radio was fully working and he offered me his home number to solve this. Really nice guy. The power supply, one way or another i will find it out. (My father is an electrician and really good at circuits repair). The problem is that during transfer i found 3 small parts broken. The 2 plastic things i can reglue them. But a small green plate approx. 2,5cm X 1,5cm is what bothers me. Can any fellow Beoworlder be so kind as to check where this small thing goes to??? Thanks in advance.

-Dimitris

• 05-24-2011 11:19 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beolit 707 broken parts. Need some help

Check inside the power supply metal casing, it could be the regulator transistor has broken its solder joints.
    That's very common. Check also the small transformer in there, it will often losen from the board and
    its leads can break off.
    The green piece doesn't ring a bell here.

Martin

• 05-25-2011 4:03 AM In reply to

Thank you Dillen for your answer. Hopefully i will get into the power supply issue tonight. In the meantime if anyone can help locate this small broken item in his Beolit i would be more than happy. Smile

-Dimitris

• 05-30-2011 8:25 AM In reply to

Beolit is finally fixed.

I have made a small photo thread that you can find it HERE

-Dimitris

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)