in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-28-2007 7:53 AM by Dave. 30 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-28-2007 2:25 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Re: Very nice interior

Nice! I like the black BV 3 28" and the BL4000 on stands! Any taughts on purchase a BL 2 for the dynamics?

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 08-28-2007 2:43 AM In reply to

David:

What do we think of this.....?

Good use of the space. I think you can move the speakers about a foot away from the wall on either side, towards the television, and you'll get an even better focus of your sound relative to where you are seated. And I suspect the standing lamp on the right might balance the effect of the recess on the left, though you won't have any bass damping issues with those speakers.
    Try experimenting with moving the speakers a little and I think you'll be surprised at the effect.

Given the proportions of the room, I think you're quite close to the Cardas ideal. Have a look at this link:

http://www.cardas.com/content.php?area=insights&content_id=26&pagestring=Room+Setup 

I'm sure you have a very pleasant sound from your TV with this setup. 

• 08-28-2007 4:14 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Cheers, it's actually a 32"! lol

Actually we tried with the speakers closer, and surprisingly the soundstage and balance of the different frequencies is optimal at this position.I suspect that it is thanks to the toe-in design of the 4000's that there is minimal sound that reaches the wall itself.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-28-2007 5:11 AM In reply to

David:

Cheers, it's actually a 32"! lol

Actually we tried with the speakers closer, and surprisingly the soundstage and balance of the different frequencies is optimal at this position.I suspect that it is thanks to the toe-in design of the 4000's that there is minimal sound that reaches the wall itself.

It's your ears that count! Congrats with your setup. 

• 08-28-2007 5:51 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Agreed, nice setup! A BeoLab 2 would be a good move, or if you want a little less welly but more detail, a B&W PV1.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-28-2007 7:53 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Cheers, our dealer kindly let us test out a BL2 in this setup but the difference in sound was not favourable and with the 4000's being cut off at the lower register (but nice bass sound nonetheless), so yeah we plan to get a PV1 at some stage. The sound is really nice though, with bucket loads of bass from the BL4000's with most movies and such.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2