in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-18-2007 4:52 AM by wirralsimon. 140 replies.
Page 6 of 6 (141 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2007 6:02 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Re: THE JULY DRAW!!

Well done to everybody for taking part, supporting the site and most of all winning. It´s really heartening to see so many of the winners, genuinely, really pleased with their prizes.

Right lots of threads on receiving the prizes opening the boxes etc please!Yes -  thumbs up 

Congratulations,

Kevin 

• 08-01-2007 7:00 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

A very heartfelt congrat's to all last nights winners from me tooSmile.

Nothing for us in Yorkshire again, but we're used to being at the back of the queue when good fortune is handed out (is that violin music I can hear in the background?Whistle)

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 08-01-2007 8:03 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Medogsfat:

A very heartfelt congrat's to all last nights winners from me tooSmile.

Nothing for us in Yorkshire again, but we're used to being at the back of the queue when good fortune is handed out (is that violin music I can hear in the background?Whistle)

Chris.

More likely be Dvorak’s New World SymphonyWinkLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 08-01-2007 12:30 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: THE JULY DRAW

The Beonic Man:

Well done to all those who won tonight and a big shout to Moxxey who I had the pleasure of meeting in the Bang & Olufsen dealership in the South West earlier in the year. Hope you enjoy your prize. I hope also that you get much pleasure from the new BeoVision 7, which we are both waiting for anytime now. Reports on the revised USA version suggest its an absolute winner in all regards so I am sure you are as eager and excited as I am to see it in the 'flesh.'

Thanks Simon. Oh yes, I'm keen to see this new beast. Any news when B&O Bath expect to see their showroom model? :)

• 08-01-2007 3:13 PM In reply to

I am still in shock!

The last time I won a prize in a raffle was when I won a set of embroidered pillow cases at the village fete nearly 35 years ago (Not a lot of use to an 8 year old boy!).

I managed to keep  cool about the prize draw by forgetting it was about to happen!

I got the email on my return from a business trip to Birmingham saying I had won a prize, and to check the prize draw thread. Even then it hadn't occurred to me that it was one of the big prizes and it was a surreal experience going through the thread expecting to see my name next and not finding it until the end.

To be honest I have had ample value for money for my £30 before this happened so I am chuffed to bits.

Before joining the forum at the relaunch  I was only vaguely aware that B&O made phones, so this will a whole new experience for me.

Thanks everyone!

Simon

• 08-01-2007 3:22 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

It's a great feeling isn't it Simon. I was the same last month, goosepimples and all the hairs on your arms stand up etc.
    Now you know you have to take loads of photo's and make a huge thread!

Congratulations Simon1 Party!!!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-01-2007 4:30 PM In reply to

wirralsimon:

I am still in shock!

The last time I won a prize in a raffle was when I won a set of embroidered pillow cases at the village fete nearly 35 years ago (Not a lot of use to an 8 year old boy!).

I managed to keep  cool about the prize draw by forgetting it was about to happen!

I got the email on my return from a business trip to Birmingham saying I had won a prize, and to check the prize draw thread. Even then it hadn't occurred to me that it was one of the big prizes and it was a surreal experience going through the thread expecting to see my name next and not finding it until the end.

To be honest I have had ample value for money for my £30 before this happened so I am chuffed to bits.

Before joining the forum at the relaunch  I was only vaguely aware that B&O made phones, so this will a whole new experience for me.

Thanks everyone!

Simon

Can you contact me via the address on the email I sent you. You need to choose colours and let me have your address. You can either pick the phones up from Beoworld or you can arrange for us the post them to you. Postage costs are the responsibility of the winners by the way - though Beoworld will always get the best value that we can. Congratulations! on what I think is a brilliant prize! 

• 08-01-2007 6:17 PM In reply to

moxxey:
    The Beonic Man:

Well done to all those who won tonight and a big shout to Moxxey who I had the pleasure of meeting in the Bang & Olufsen dealership in the South West earlier in the year. Hope you enjoy your prize. I hope also that you get much pleasure from the new BeoVision 7, which we are both waiting for anytime now. Reports on the revised USA version suggest its an absolute winner in all regards so I am sure you are as eager and excited as I am to see it in the 'flesh.'

Thanks Simon. Oh yes, I'm keen to see this new beast. Any news when B&O Bath expect to see their showroom model? :)

Haven't been in touch with them for a while now about this so not too sure. However, news from this forum seems to suggest that it is anytime now onwards. I am hoping it will be this month although I am not in any rush to be honest. Since it has already been released in the USA it can't be too long to go I am guessing.

Looks like a really good system so I am very pleased about that. Especially since I was so close to getting a BeoVision 5 only a few months ago. I have really taken my time about this and conducted as much personal research as I could. I have spoken to many people and read countless reviews. I wanted to get the best TV for my money and it wasn't a question of time but more of quality and if that meant waiting that was fine, however long. They do say the best things come to those who wait. The fact that this update is significant and such a major leap forward is just the news I was waiting for to satsify me completly (and finally) that the BeoVision 7 is the top of the bunch. The following recent review of the revised model arriving in the USA http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/BangOlufsenBeoVision7-40Review.htm couldn't be any better. It speaks volumes about the new set so I am really excited. Notice the reviewers comments in the closing section; that they very rarely give 5 stars to products because they really do have to be exceptional in all areas. The BeoVision 7 wins hands down. Very reassuring to read something like that.

All the best. I am sure we'll meet again sometime in the dealership. Look forward to it, Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 08-11-2007 3:11 AM In reply to

Actually my name is Daniel and not David as written here http://www.beoworld.org/prize_draw.asp

But as i am getting a Beo4 soon, i don't really care what i am called  

• 08-11-2007 3:48 AM In reply to

Probably my fault! Apologies! But congratulations! Big Smile
  • 08-17-2007 10:18 AM In reply to

Look what i got today in my mailbox from BeoWorld:

• 08-17-2007 10:19 AM In reply to

..and..

• 08-17-2007 10:22 AM In reply to

Party!!! [<:o)] Re: THE JULY DRAW

..and here it is!

THANKS A LOT! 

• 08-17-2007 2:27 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Oh my goodness!
    You've dropped it on the floor already?Surprise

Only joking,Smile Glad your prize arrived safely, it's a good feeling isn't it.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-17-2007 2:41 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Peter and Matt were in charge of the prizes whilst i was on holiday (and did a great job), but although absolutely everyone was informed i think there are still 3 of the lower end prizes unclaimed!

I am loathe to send to registered addresses as people do tend to move house!  Instead, all winners were sent emails asking for a preferred delivery address (some people work away from home too).

I will keep trying, but in the meantime thank you for letting us know you got your prize Daniel - and once again, congratulations! Big Smile

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-18-2007 4:52 AM In reply to

I was also lucky enough to get a knock on the door two weeks ago. Gordon from the B&O store in Swindon had arranged for  a friend of his called Barry to drop off a parcel...

They are all fantastic phones in their different ways 

I'll post a few more piccies and first impressions of the phones later!

THANKS BEOWORLD!!!!

Simon 

Page 6 of 6 (141 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6