in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-20-2011 10:02 PM by Eugene. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2011 3:34 AM In reply to

Re: Is this correct ???

Medogsfat:
    Danish oil is indeed very good & gives a wonderful finish but needs revisiting annually.

And again I have learnt something new here on beoworld!Laughing

• 02-26-2011 6:05 AM In reply to

I could always just paint the cabinets hot florescent pink. The hell with all this sanding, staining, resanding, restaining, resanding, top coating, resanding, recoating.

or I could just hook My Redlines back up.

• 03-14-2011 6:14 PM In reply to

New surrounds ordered and on the way. In the meantime I dealt with these Peerless S45 drivers. Had a magnet up and slip on me. Luckily I was able to find a replacement quickly and so my world is right again.

While there is no precedent for magnet failure on the Peerless drivers used in the revised Uniphase series I am seroiusly considering laying a bead of epoxy on those drivers as well. Cant hurt.

I also reclothed one set of S45's.

• 03-20-2011 10:02 PM In reply to

All better now. Much much better in fact. Listening to Rob Zombie and then the Who "Who's Next" with the volume cranked up and the bass is crisp and clear. Sounds like a more powerful version of the original s45 uniphase. Much better balance of sound compared to the s50 which while decent in its own right is a bit bass heavy.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2