in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-20-2009 6:41 AM by vikinger. 36 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-04-2007 11:10 AM In reply to

Re: AT LAST... Cheap ICEpower for the public

Incredible ! Surprise

Quoi de mieux qu'un BeoLab 2 ? 2 BeoLab 2 !

• 07-04-2007 3:12 PM In reply to

Re: AT LAST... Cheap ICEpower for the public

Sonicweld also uses ICEPower, but they are not cheap ! Tongue Tied

http://www.sonicweld.com/ 

Quoi de mieux qu'un BeoLab 2 ? 2 BeoLab 2 !

• 07-04-2007 7:55 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Re: AT LAST... Cheap ICEpower for the masses!

Thanks ,- the list are edited..Yes

But who cares Wink when we now have Murano and now eAR that sell the the same, but to fair prices. Smile

• 07-05-2007 2:46 AM In reply to

Re: AT LAST... Cheap ICE power for the public

Bulgarien:

Before ICEpower i was saying the same..It must bee woodo or something like that. No need to think about the electronic, cable and so on. Just plug and play .But studys shows that specialy the condenstor, that are a active component, ned time to "relax"

You have to understand something.

This is pure High End and I promice that you can hear all the small difference in the sound.  Prove ? My wife can without problem hear all the differens I am talking about. And I dont say anything to her about the difference, but she describe the same as I do! Wink 

Pure high End ICEpower.(Bertram Beast 1000ASP)  Notice the power plug called FuruTech Fi-25 Rhodium, and yes,- there are difference.

Taken from here http://www.hifisentralen.no/cgi/yabb/YaBB.cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=hifi1;action=display;num=1131284140;start=0;showall=true

Wow looks like someone has some expensive pair of speakers. Look at the build quality of that. I will say that JmLab spends more on looks than B&O. It's pure luxury.
  • 07-05-2007 5:16 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

Re: AT LAST... Cheap ICEpower for the public!

Bulgarien:

Today I have  2 X 1000 watt to front Penta,   2 X 500 Watt to rear Penta, 500 watt to subwoofer,  and 120 watt to center.  Except the center speaker (Avant TV), they  all are driven by ICEpower amplifiers. And I promises you. You can hear it!

Picture of  my newest amplifier  2 X 1000 watt B&O  ICEpower (1000ASP) used for the front speakers (still Penta) 

Notice mine  BeoLab 2500 that I use as PC speakers!.  I have  change the the old tveeters to moderne speakers from Logitech and they sound great as PC speaker (with the Logitech subwoofer offcourse)

From today is ICEpower a very cheap and absolutely perfect solution for getting some of the best sound you can think (real High-End) and its still B&O! Big Smile Go for it!

Looks cool but I'm wondering how a class A amp will sound on the penta's instead of the class D ICE power

off-topic: nice AG Neovo screen over there Wink, I've got the same one and the image is really good

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 07-05-2007 7:24 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

A class A amplifier dont have enought power to drive the pentas. Becouse the tecnical construkton they only delevery  few watt from 2-30 watt, and therefore they are best to very easy driven lodudspeakers, and I can say that Penta can´t get enoght power!

ICEpower do you have the same warm sound as class A, but instead of few watt, ICEpower have enormus power, and that for  price that now are very very  cheap comparede to all others brand/ kind of amplifiers 

From this moment I think ICEpower will give competitions to all others amplifiers on the market. All rewievs say the same,- ICEpower is the best sounding amplifier on the marked, and now when  the prices are falling to "normal and fair prices" why buy others amps with less power.

You can get much better sound  cheaper then BeoLab 9 (or BeoLab 5) are given, but for  small money and you can still use yours B&O setup  as normal!  That is a perfect deal in a Beoworld.

I think more (B&O) people should go for. I can´t see why its nessesary to have speciel B&O speakers, to use with B&O

As you know is a complete B&O system much more then a  expensive active B&O speaker, and at the first time you are free to choose others (much cheaper and better) High End speakers end B&O given except BeoLab 9/ 5 ( but to another price..)

Off topic. I choose Neovo monitor becouse it look like the MX televison and I agree that  the quality is very high Smile The Logitech keybord diNovo is proberly the best you can get for money. I´m looking at the new  Logitech diNovo EDGES as I realy like, but there is no mediapad (bluetoth numberkeybord and commander ) but who knows, maybee its not nessesary if the design is perfectSmile

• 07-07-2007 8:10 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

The first reseller of Murano ICEpower in Europe and with special intro price this month

Much better cabinet and with Lunddahl trafo inside and olso cheaper then eAR!

producent  www.murano-audio.comwww.murano-audio.comwww.murano-audio.comwww.murano-audio.com 

• 07-07-2007 6:38 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Murano  amplifier are using XLR plug for balanced and better sound

Peter Pan have made this collage where he shows us how easely  you can make the perfect cable for use with B&O

From DIN til XLR

Visit all the Peter Pan treads  to all kind of B&O stuff with great link, pictures etc.

Just push the button on the computer Smile

• 09-18-2009 5:04 PM In reply to

• cchic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-18-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Hello,

I just bought an ICEpower 1000 ASP module and get an awfull problem :

No sound!!!

Maybe cabling is wrong. Does someone can help me ?

Thanks

• 09-19-2009 7:34 PM In reply to

*irony on*

Well.. sure! Are your curtains in the room green? In that case your Icepower module is not compatible... DOH!

So.. You have the module in front of you ... and you don't get any sound? Véry strange! B&O must have made a mistake!

*irony off*

Anyway... a bit more info about how/what/ and so on would be welcome!!! Connections? Power? Setup? Pictures????

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 09-20-2009 3:03 AM In reply to

A little cruel but Karel does have a point - a bit more information is needed - remember we are not there so all our information has to come from you.

• 09-20-2009 6:41 AM In reply to

Do I detect irony upon irony in this thread? WhistleWhistleWhistle

The problem is that many of us are willing to pay good money for attractive and compatible, easy to use equipment. But some of us want to go much further and play around with upgrading already expensive equipment with even more expensive components. I take my hat off to the technical input of contributors such as Bulgarien and Peter Pan but I do not want to spend such sums of money on what, for many of us, would be a do-it-yourself expensive experiment. Icepower is not yet for the masses!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2