in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-05-2010 3:24 PM by ed7. 82 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2010 10:08 PM In reply to

Re: Austerity measures!!

Must be the Holidays spirit. Finally this thread turned out nicer and full of optimism!!!SmileDrinks

• 12-01-2010 10:16 PM In reply to

BeoFab:

Must be the Holidays spirit. Finally this thread turned out nicer and full of optimism!!!SmileDrinks

We've been arguing with each other for years now! We'll still do it when we're old(er) and grey(er). If it wasn't fun at some level we'd just log off! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-02-2010 9:40 AM In reply to

Following on from Lee's comments,the thing that cracks me up/annoys the hell outta me is TE constantly saying "We".."Us"..."Our" when talking about the brand.

Wake up dude,you're not on the BnO payroll,you just sell the stuff Wink

Must say that I always enjoy listening to dealers attempting to overcome my objections when pointing out the elements of a products design that doesn't sit well with me.

Brand loyalty often bordering on brainwashed!

Bless 'em.

Although I must confess to being a B&O reseller back in the good old 80s.

• 12-02-2010 10:01 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Synergy:

Wake up dude,you're not on the BnO payroll,you just sell the stuff Wink

Which means if he doesn't sell the stuff, he doesn't get paid.. There's a technicality there somewhere! Laughing

Synergy:

Although I must confess to being a B&O reseller back in the good old 80s.

Ah yes - the good old days of the 80's - with the BeoCenter 2200, the mighty X25's, the ME6000...  Hmm

Don't worry - i'm not Trip's 'NBF' now..  WinkLaughingLaughing

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 12-02-2010 10:01 AM In reply to

You lay out the cash, open the store, hire the staff, and start building the brand and see if you don't say "we." 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-02-2010 10:14 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

You lay out the cash, open the store, hire the staff, and start building the brand and see if you don't say "we." 

Good point!

The owners of your store can say "we" then.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-02-2010 10:34 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

B&O i not in a unique situation. Look at Lambo and Ferrari and what they are doing to new pricing- its going skyward- less individuals that will buy the product so the price rises to allow for reduced sales.

In that market one can just about get away with it; problem with high tech is the onward movement of technology keeps hitting the price- so B&O is left with  avery expensive range of products with, in reality so few people that will pay 12-15K for a TV set

• 12-05-2010 3:24 PM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

vikinger:

I bought B&O shares after their value had crashed, they'd had a rights issue, and dividends were suspended. The original shareholders who were used to 25% dividends year on year must have been devastated: no dividends and the share price down 90%! As for my investment: it's down a further 24%.Sad

(I've always had a few shares in makers of products I like: thankfully the Apple share price moved up faster than B&O moved down!)Smile

Graham

EDIT

Do you lose more by buying B&O shares or by buying B&O products Hmm

Sell,sell,SELLCool

Page 4 of 4 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4