in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-16-2007 6:55 AM by kevinoils. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2007 7:10 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Re: Parts for Beogram 4002

Kevin:
    Waaaay beyond my experience but if you need the cartridge let me knowCool

Neither doi i !

With this "experiment" i was hoping to continue learning more about it  Smile

Thanks for the offer Kevin, appreciated.

• 11-12-2007 3:58 PM In reply to

Hi Martin

I have noticed that you have replied to many questions, I am new to Beoworld and have been glued to it reading for days. I have a few problems with a beogram 4000 which I just purchsed. I have got the Beogram 4000 working and solved quite a few problems with the tone arm, sluggish mechanism etc. The arm now lowers and pops up when I press the buttons under the Aluminium plate which I took off because the up and down bottons didnt work. When I took this plate off the buttons were pretty much jammed down, I guess with age. I slowly teased at these buttons with tweezers and they one by one popped up and all are operating again.

The main problem is that the tone arm lowers as it should but seems to continue tracking across the deck, sort of slowly skating along, I have lubricated some of the parts and I am generally cleaning as I go along. have you any idea what I can tackle to get the tracking on track? It is a lovely machine that I hope I can get back to its former glory.

Thanks

Kevin

• 11-14-2007 12:45 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Lovely deck but a beast to service. 

There's a tracking sensor, reading the position of the tonearm.
    It activates the servo motor to advance the position of the tonearm carriage to keep the tonearm and record sensor arm parallel. Some decks are even capable of tracking outwards (!)

There's an adjustment to check on page 4-6 in the service manual (type 5215) but of course a fault in the corresponding electronic circuits could also cause this problem. There's a lot of transistors in this circuit.

Martin

• 11-16-2007 6:55 AM In reply to

Hi Does anyone have a spare lid for the beogram 4002, I have one but its without the aluminium strip, I would really like to get a better lid for it.

Kevin

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2