in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-04-2007 1:13 PM by wonderfulelectric. 50 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-04-2007 1:13 PM In reply to

Re: Beolab 8000 IEC-Power?

mecca:

I had my 8000's serviced. They all talked about upgrading amplifiers, for improved base response. If I wanted true audiophile equipment, i would have purchased other brands. I love the sound and the look of BnO, so we're outfitting a 800meter penthouse with it. There is clearly nothing like it. As for improved base, we added 2 powered (500rms) subs of audiophile quality and actually back the bass down from flat a bit so even at high levels the pentas and 8000's never see any distortion.

IMHO, no matter what you do to the amps of any speaker with limited internal volume and without tons of sound damping wood, it just is limited (especially in bass).

You do not need lots of sound damping wood for lots of bass, in fact you should you as rigid a material as possible and as little as possible. I agree that bass needs more internal volume. However, they can just simply make it into a three way and with many bass drivers. It is an active design so they can squeeze as many bass drivers they like with little volume. Speaking of hign-end audio, look at www.goldmund.com, they use gold bars and everything. Very extreme luxury and a bit wasteful since there is a point where higher costs yields diminishing returns. 
Page 3 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3