in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-03-2011 6:58 AM by TheMajor. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-04-2010 8:23 AM

BeoWorld gamers?

Dear all,

I am curious to ask if anyone is a keen videogamer? I bought a PS3 upon its release for pretty much one game, which still hasn't not been released - Gran Turismo 5. Sure I have played the Prologue version, but this really was only a taster. The full version is supposed to launch this year, along with Formula 2010 after no game since the 2006 season.

Also a fan of FIFA, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Silent Hill, Resident Evil and more.

The only problem I have with games is that I tend to feel guilty for the time I've spent gaming with friends or online instead of spending time with my girlfriend, or doing something a little more productive!

Still, gaming could never be better than with a B&O setup!

Have a Nintendo Wii, but the novelty has worn off a bit now.

• 03-04-2010 8:24 AM In reply to

Re: BeoWorld gamers?

Sorry, meant to post this in the other Lifestyle forum. Embarrassed Can a mod move this?

• 03-07-2010 3:43 PM In reply to

Hi, your post seems to be in the right section.

In my case I do have too, a PS3 of like to spend some times on Modern Warfare 2, Resident Evil 5, Battlefield Bad Company 1 and 2.

I also do the solo campaign and the multiplayer online mode (Resistance 2, Battlefield Bad Company 1 and 2).

Last but not least, playing on a B&O setup (with the BL2) is amazing.

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 03-07-2010 9:42 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Stars:

Dear all,

I am curious to ask if anyone is a keen videogamer? I bought a PS3 upon its release for pretty much one game, which still hasn't not been released - Gran Turismo 5.

Definitely a keen videogamer here! Although I have yet to get my hands on a PS3 (much for the same reasons as you stars!), I do have an Xbox 360 and PS2. I have Forza motorsport 2, Grand theft auto of course and Halo 3. For the PS2 I have Gran Turismo all!

I have to say my gaming is definitely at a standstill due to my studies - makes it very hard to keep up as much as I used too. I'm sure I will resume in the summer!

Evan

• 03-10-2010 7:22 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

I also own a PS3... The main reason was the bluray player... But since I have some recent games, I don't watch so much blurays... I play a lot!!

My prefered games :
    -Motorstorm Pacific Rift : just perfect with 4 players (or more on the PSN)
    -Little Big Planet : I'm totally addict. This game is perfect with 4 players, and if you're alone, it's still really good, and you can play any (more than one million) level with people from the net.
    -Uncharted 2 : the most beautiful game on the PS3, and the scenario is just perfect : it's like playing Indiana Jones, but better!

-Last but not least : Heavy Rain : a completely new gaming experience, very immersive, worth a try.

• 03-10-2010 7:38 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Oh after hearing all this I need a PS3 now!Big Smile

Evan

• 03-11-2010 12:37 AM In reply to

I will agree with mbee on Little Big Planet.  This is the best game I have ever played on a console.  I grew up back in the Atari 2600 days...and am amazed at how far we have come here.  This game totally rocks.  I have 5 kids and they love this game.  They all thought they wanted a Wii (we have one of those too) but they keep coming back to Little Big Planet.  Simply awesome!  Plus it's got the cute little British accent that all of us Americans adore too!

• 04-12-2010 6:42 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

PS3 and Wii

I play Civilization, HPotter, Resistance, Simpsons, Sonic.  Never played LBP but perhaps I should. 

• 04-14-2010 12:30 AM In reply to

I play Solitaire.....

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 04-14-2010 9:18 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Got a PS3 to replace my broken BluRay and I've got one game I'm allowed to play when I get back to the homestead...  

Every night my 5 year old begs me to play Lego Starwars with him.  Almost seems a waste to funnel such a silly game through all that B&O goodness.  

Had a friend visit the other day that seemed truly appalled that I wasn't putting the PS3 to better use.

-Michael

• 04-14-2010 9:31 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

jldmelb:

I play Solitaire.....

Pinball too?Laughing

Evan

• 04-16-2010 2:29 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

evman140:

jldmelb:

I play Solitaire.....

Pinball too?Laughing

I loved the Pinball thread a while back.  Never even considered it till I read about some of you guys collecting them.  Still on the look out for some of the favorites mentioned.   But worry about maintenance.

As far as video games go... I really want to get one of those quality MAME arcade machines (actual arcade case with controls) with all the classic arcade games on it.  I'm just concerned that they aren't made that well or it won't be the same experience as the originals.

-Michael

• 04-16-2010 7:06 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Michael:

evman140:

jldmelb:

I play Solitaire.....

Pinball too?Laughing

I loved the Pinball thread a while back.  Never even considered it till I read about some of you guys collecting them.  Still on the look out for some of the favorites mentioned.   But worry about maintenance.

As far as video games go... I really want to get one of those quality MAME arcade machines (actual arcade case with controls) with all the classic arcade games on it.  I'm just concerned that they aren't made that well or it won't be the same experience as the originals.

I was referring to the windows xp pinball computer game (you all must have macs GeekedStick out tongue), but those original pinball machines are a lot of fun. I don't recall the thread you mention, but I will try and dig it up!

Evan

• 06-24-2010 2:27 PM In reply to

Looking forward to the release of GT5 and F1 2010. In the mean time, I happily get beaten at Modern Warfare 2 if I have a late night.

• 07-20-2010 5:22 AM In reply to

• northswede
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

To keep the thread running ;)

I used to play WoW (5 years), but realised that it took to mutch of my time.
    Nowdays i share my gaming time between AoC (yea, another posion i know...) and my XBOX360 which usually runs CoD, Forza or Colin McRae.

I have to admit that Guitar Heroes has got a remake with the purchase of my new BL3 speakers ;)

Current collection: BeoVision 7-40 mk III, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 3 and BeoSound/BeoMaster 5.

Seriously, it's a beautiful package of excellent and awesomeness!

• 07-20-2010 5:29 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

SWMBO just bought ModNation Racers... In case you looked around for a Mario Kart on the PS3, that's it! People have already started copying Mario Kart Tracks for this game, and there's already a Mario avatar available...

• 07-21-2010 3:21 AM In reply to

An addictive game on iPhone is Angry Birds. I still play a lot when I am in a bus, on my way to work.

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 07-22-2010 5:04 AM In reply to

• darren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 164
    • Bronze Member

Played angry birds a lot but gave up recently and now all I play is backgammon NJ on the iphone, trying to beat my gf on a real board and need all the training I can get.

Also playing tiger woods on the xbox but it takes way too much of my time.

• 07-22-2010 7:24 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Just picked up Forza Motorsport 3 yesterday Big Smile

Evan

• 11-14-2010 1:28 PM In reply to

Best iPhone game in my opinion is Flight Control. A very simple concept that will keep you planning the route of final descent for hundreds of planes ... for hours!

• 11-15-2010 1:35 PM In reply to

This weekend I became addicted to Trainyard on our iPad (or your iPhone/iPod if you don't have an iPad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWtIb7NEYgM&feature=player_embedded

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-15-2010 4:17 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Flight control is one of my favorite apps, even though I don't have a itouch/phone.

Evan

• 11-22-2010 4:37 PM In reply to

elephant:
    This weekend I became addicted to Trainyard

Thanks for killing what little of a social life I had left! Laughing

Try...

:Shift:

and

Cut the Rope

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-22-2010 5:36 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Cut the rope has lowered my productivity too...

• 11-22-2010 5:47 PM In reply to

The OP will like this conceptual window display we made for B&O - when we were trying to convince them that quite a few wealthy people are keen gamers.

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >