in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-19-2010 12:57 PM by corey986. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-25-2010 10:54 AM In reply to

Re: Why have a pair of center speakers?

Thanks Dave that helps a lot! 

• 02-19-2010 9:43 AM In reply to

And here the result so far.

• 02-19-2010 9:44 AM In reply to

closeup :

• 02-19-2010 12:57 PM In reply to

macjonny1:

Dave,

Isn't there issues using active speakers on the rear surround channels with non-B&O receivers/pre-amps, namely that the rear speakers will turn off and on during quiet parts of movies/etc?  Have you had any experience with the Lexicon and B&O active speakers?

Well there is a fix to that....

Not sure if this is the place, but High End Pre-Ampls like a Lexicon, Mcintosh or even a AdCom will have a trigger outlet.  I actually have a rack mount "box" I built to convert the Balanced Output and trigger to powerlink with special connectors for center and sub which take care of L/R and stuff like that.  BTW, the trigger is not just a simple wire splice as the industry standard of 12 volt is not what B&O expects to activate the powerlink, plus you need to do some isolation to prevent any potential noise.

In the past I made special cables for this, but with the Ice Amps, you need a little bit more to prevent noise and now that the relay is done in solid state, you want to protect it more than the older speakers.

Anyway at some point I think I will make these for people on a per-order basis.... Like do you want rca to powerlink or balanced to powerlink with nickel transformers to warm up the sound a bit.

It is nice to be able to use my B&O 7.1 speaker setup and a professional quality pre-amp processor.  The B&O one is nice but for the same price you can get a Mcintosh which is in a completely different league or just spend a couple of thousand US or Euros and get something as good as or even better than the B&O one.

Cheers,

Corey

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2