in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-30-2009 1:45 AM by Peter. 54 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2009 6:39 AM In reply to

Re: Who will be the first to have BV10 at home?

thavn:

Mine has been delayed too. It will be delivered at my house the 11. or 12. of Desember. In time before Christmas anyway!

One question:

The TV is designed to hang on a wall, and my wife is very keen on wall mounting. However, what height is recommended? It looks better on the wall when it is in line with other paintings, but then the picture will be too high when you are watching TV. My B&O dealer recommends 100cm height at the bottom of the picture. Any thoughts about this? I still have a few days to decide...

Personally I don't think that height on the wall is a great issue. There's always been a view that TV's should be more or less at eye level when you are sitting down, and putting an old CRT high up was never an option (except for BV1's on stands!)

If you've got a large room it won't make much difference if you have to raise your eyes a few degrees from horizontal, so if your normally sat at some distance from the screen just put it at a height that looks good alongside your artwork.

If you've got to sit up close then maybe you've got to keep it low (but maybe you shouldn't be going for a 40" screen in that case!Laughing

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 11-27-2009 8:48 AM In reply to

Coming tomorrow - I don't blame Newcastle - they were promised it on Tuesday but it never arrived. Their communication has been exemplary and they were willing to do anything to get it delivered. Unfortunately I am working in the morning but hopefully my wife will sort them out! I should be back to make sure it works! I haven't moved anything yet anyway!! Laughing

• 11-29-2009 10:24 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Peter :

Coming tomorrow - I don't blame Newcastle - they were promised it on Tuesday but it never arrived. Their communication has been exemplary and they were willing to do anything to get it delivered. Unfortunately I am working in the morning but hopefully my wife will sort them out! I should be back to make sure it works! I haven't moved anything yet anyway!! Laughing

So Peter I was reading your post on the Welcome Beovision7-55 thread, did you mean your BV 10 was delayed until after Christmas?

• 11-30-2009 12:36 AM In reply to

Not at all ! Peter has even posted proud pictures in another thread !

See this post and the immediately following one

Peter's BV10 Installation

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-30-2009 1:45 AM In reply to

Sorry - not a great weekend - one of my cancer patients died at 3.00am on Sunday morning so I was up for some of the night! Recuperative powers not as good these days! Still catching up! Report will follow. Picture is excellent.

Page 3 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3