in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-04-2009 8:45 PM by Eugene. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-03-2009 2:50 PM In reply to

Re: What was your First Album?

cooldude:

burantek:

beaker:
    So, what was everyones first ever album purchase and do they still have it.

Ah, tough one!

As far as the first album that I actually went out and purchased myself...

I would have to guess: Blondie - Parallel Lines... I have no idea where it is!

LOL  Guilty as charged ....first albums I bought were : Blondie - Parallel Lines  and Pink Floyd's Dark side of the moon ..I can't remember which one of the two I bought first though ...just tooooooo long ago. 

I think my first album was the Modern Jazz Quartet 'Concorde'.  I can remember buying Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, and then, being so impressed by it, making the great mistake of buying a double album by Pink Floyd called  'A Nice Pair.' Unfortunately it wasn't a nice pair at all............. they had just done a compilation of all the total rubbish they'd produced earlier in their pre Dark Side  careers.

Just thinking about the Pink Floyd con has been enough for me to change avatar to a more-like-I-feel image Angry

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 09-03-2009 4:10 PM In reply to

• George
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2009
    • Greece
    • Posts 44
    • Gold Member

EmbarrassedFirst LP was by Iron Maiden ' Somewhere In Time' , the artistic work was quite something i have to say ( and the music as Iron Maiden used a lot of electronic music on this album and well back then it was quite something ..)

First CD was Pink Floyd ' The Wall' , still i reckon one of the best albums ever

First Tape was the Top Gun soundtrack !!!! LOL, those were the days !!!!

First DVD Alien

Carpe Diem

• 09-04-2009 7:25 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

My first album was the original soundtrack from The Good, The Bad and the Ugly from Ennio Morricone. I can't believe I've got this one probably back in 1975, when I was 8.

My first rock was Dinasty from Kiss, 1979. I have them both, boxed back in my home country...Sad

Gustavo

• 09-04-2009 8:45 PM In reply to

The first album bought with my own money was Magical Mystery Tour by the Beatles back in 71 or so. Dont have really any of my old albums. 

My last LP I ever purchased was "The Wall" by Pink Floyd. I do still have that one. I think I bought it in 87 or 88.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2