in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-07-2009 10:16 AM by Carolpa. 89 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2009 1:39 PM In reply to

Re: BV7 Beosystem 3 Limitations

Puncher:

This is becoming quite wearisome!

Razlaw believes that everything transmitted to the BS3 in LPCM format is played without modification while 355F believes he has reason to think that all is not as it seems. There has been no new information in this thread beyond that presented in the previous epic on the same subject.

There seems little likelyhood of this been settled to everyone's satisfaction anytime soon and so, as the thread seems to be becoming slightly personal, I suggest everyone concerned agrees to disagree and leaves it at that.

Puncher,

you are completely right!  But to discuss one has to have arguments! Some participants are just like the wind and above all they have no substantional arguments.

One can ask oneself why these persons keep on chosing the negative site of every direction the discussion flows! What is their purpose of discussion? What goal do they strive to reach?

• 09-05-2009 2:46 PM In reply to

deleted

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 09-05-2009 3:17 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:

This is becoming quite wearisome!

Razlaw believes that everything transmitted to the BS3 in LPCM format is played without modification

I'd say this: If you watch a Blu-ray with DTS HD on the PS3, compared to the internal Blu-ray player, the sound via the PS3 is much improved. In fact, audio in some films is too effective - rocks the room. With standard Dolby Digital, yeah the sounds good, but nothing fantastic.

Razlaw *is* right. Sound decoded and sent as PCM through an external player such as the PS3 is audibly far superior compared to that from the internal player (SD or Blu-ray).

This discussion should focus more around B&O's poor effort not to include DTS HD support in their own Blu-ray player. With most Blu-rays incorporating DTS HD, this means 50% of the reason for buying a DTS HD-based Blu-ray is irrelevant using the internal player. How can B&O promote a Blu-ray player, which doesn't support the standards? Blu-ray isn't just about the visuals...

I've watched Dark Knight streamed via Sky HD. Ok, it's not *quite* as good as from a Blu-ray (90% as close, visually?), but it's streamed with standard Dolby Digital - the audio from the Blu-ray is way better.

Razlaw is not wrong. However, you do have to use an external Blu-ray drive that's capable of decoding the formats and sending them as uncompressed PCM.

• 09-05-2009 3:19 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Razlaw:

deleted

One thing I would say about a forum....is leave posts intact. Don't post then delete, leaving 'deleted' behind through a discussion :)

• 09-05-2009 3:27 PM In reply to

moxxey:

Razlaw:

deleted

One thing I would say about a forum....is leave posts intact. Don't post then delete, leaving 'deleted' behind through a discussion :)

My apologies.   :)

• 09-07-2009 5:25 AM In reply to

355 f your comments are always appreciated i like people with inside information and who are candid, keep up the good work

we need more people like you on this forum

• 09-07-2009 5:51 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Agree with you MGBGTV8, 355f point of view is way better than the typical "I spent 10000€ on a TV so it's not possible that it does less than a 999€ Sony amplifier" point of view : Love is blind! Huh?

• 09-07-2009 6:26 AM In reply to

I think I like it best when forum members don't tell other members to shut up.

• 09-07-2009 7:01 AM In reply to

cheers mbee like your photo

• 09-07-2009 7:05 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

soundproof:

Yes -  thumbs up

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-07-2009 8:30 AM In reply to

soundproof:

And I do not like it when members  make personal attacks. Prior to anybody being told to shut up in this thread, 2 others were personally attacked by being called blind, being accused of having their memory fail, and sarcastic comments such as "It must seem odd even to......"  One can not engage in personal attacks of that nature (which are apparently ok on this forum given as nobody complains about them) and not expect some sort of of response.

• 09-07-2009 9:13 AM In reply to

He's right, Soundproof. A blind eye is turned to several posters. Perhaps they're believed to be beyond help, but people on forums earn the tone of their responses just like in real life. Often times the element of anonymity adds additional frustration. I'm sure many of us would get on famously in real life, but often want to e-strangle one another on the forums!

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 09-07-2009 9:17 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Razlaw:

And I do not like it when members  make personal attacks. Prior to anybody being told to shut up in this thread, 2 others were personally attacked by being called blind, being accused of having their memory fail, and sarcastic comments such as "It must seem odd even to......"  One can not engage in personal attacks of that nature (which are apparently ok on this forum given as nobody complains about them) and not expect some sort of of response.

To be fair, I've not really seen any personal attacks. You can't really be personal on a forum anyhow. It's fairly faceless. I admin our computer-based forums and people are a lot more scathing on there, believe me. I get it in the neck all the time. Doesn't bother me though.

People have different opinions and those opinions can get heated, but don't mis-read them as a personal attack.

This forum is very very mild in the scheme of things.

• 09-07-2009 9:47 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Just to complicate things even further, it appears the HDMI receiver/chipset within the BV8-40 is capable of decoding DTS-HD (although what use the rest of the BV8 (and it's DSM) makes of it I can't say)Unsure

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-07-2009 10:16 AM In reply to

I wrote the "shut up" words!

For sure they stand in a context. Can they be taken out of this context? I don't think so! Are they out of line or not? In the context at that moment, I don't think so! Should I have expressed different? Maybe it would have been more appropiate!

Actually I cannot "shut-up" anybody on this forum!

But if if you are have a discussion with your wife/friend/.......... about this new B&o system you must have. And you present her with all the arguments why you should buy this system, but she says simply "NO" without any arguments. What do you say? 

This kind of discussion was going on!

Page 4 of 4 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4