in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-05-2007 7:33 AM by Dillen. 31 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2007 9:19 AM In reply to

Re: Repair and restoration of a JET Present 607

I don't think this was advertising - but the attention to detail makes me lust after it! Let me know when you do a Beolit 39!! I'll be the first in the queue!
  • 06-14-2007 10:23 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

A really interesting article just right for this part of the forum I just hope it goes to a good home. Looking forward to seeing the next one how about rebuilding the switch section on a Bm3000?Wink
  • 06-14-2007 11:03 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I wasn't insinuating that the whole purpose of the thread from the outset was a glorified advert (sorry if thats how it sounded).

What I meant was that you couldn't really do anything more to make it more attractive to any potential collector, having done such a fine job of the restoration (and documenting it so well).

I'm not sure I'm making myself any clearer - I'll just shut upTongue Tied

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-14-2007 11:37 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Peter, The Beolit 39 was on the bench but I am missing a dial lamp... It's a rather special lamp design that by rotating sets the mains working voltage for the whole radio. I can make a substitute but it won't feel right. I would like to hear from anyone having a spare dial lamp.

Kevin, The Beomaster 3000 switch section is a nightmare as you've probably already found out too. I've done a couple some years back and am really not that eager to do it again. I still recall those long nights...

Puncher, No offense taken, my friend, I'm not that type.  Laughing   and don't shut up, your comments and thoughts are highly respected and most welcome. Besides, you were absolutely right, I just didn't give the selling potential any thoughts before posting.

As things are at present, the JET will presumably go to a new caring owner in the UK but not until SWMBO has her BM1900 back - or some other project in need of soak testing.

Martin

• 07-12-2007 9:48 AM In reply to

Just thought I'd tie this thread up for the time being. Martin kindly agreed to sell the JET to me, and I have it sat at home now - the first valve radio in my small collection. I've got to pay tribute to Martin's superb work on this set, as it looks practically new, and of course functions absolutely faultlessly. I listen to Radio 5 a lot, and because the JET produces a lovely warm tone when playing speech, it's a pleasure to listen to as well as to look at with the cool illuminated dial lamps etc.

I do plan to post a picture in due course of the JET in its new surroundings. My girlfriend and I are about to move house in the next few weeks, so it is sat in my spare room at the moment, but I have a place planned for it in our new (much bigger) house and will post one as soon as we and the JET have settled in :) Am moving from Sheffield back to my home town of Leeds, so any admirers who want to come and have a look and twiddle the knobs (oo-er) are most welcome once we're there!

John

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 10-04-2007 8:45 AM In reply to

.....a little later than planned, but here's a shot of Martin's wonderfully restored set in the living room in my new house. I think it looks well cool next to the Penta :) Apologies for the slight blurriness as I think I need a tripod or steadier hands for those low light shots!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 10-05-2007 7:33 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

A Jet and a Penta, what a pair and you can actually connect a Penta to the JET, talk about compatibility.
    And what a nice photo this is, I love the warm glow and the JET seems a perfect fit here.
    Nice to know that this little beauty ended with a new caring owner.   Yes -  thumbs up

Martin

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2