in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-29-2009 2:54 AM by jjcox. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-25-2009 7:21 PM

Michael Jackson's Death

Unbelievable. Very upset to hear about Michael's death this evening. What a fantastic contribution he made to the music industry, not just as a solo artist but with the Jackson 5 too. I grew up with his music; his dancing and talent was something else, absolutely brilliant. God bless him, regardless of any controversy he had in life.

Are any other Beoworlders Michael Jackson fans too?

Simon.

• 06-25-2009 7:30 PM In reply to

Re: Michael Jackson's Death

not a fan but my wife is! Listen right now Michael Jackson- The Ultimate Collection through my Beolab 5 speakers. Stunning...

Sad when someone leave this world at 50....

God bless him...

all sold!

• 06-25-2009 7:37 PM In reply to

Not a fan - but 50 is far too young :(

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 06-25-2009 8:30 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Huge fan.  50 is young but with all the talk and triviality about other people in the public eye, I can't help but think, 'what a ride...'

I also can't help but think that the next 10+ years would be more court cases, legal wrangling and probably another album, not up to scratch, from a genius who had unfortunately lost the spark that he had in the 70/80s.

Please don't get me wrong on this, I own all the albums, I respect him immensely, and between the music, the presentation and the performance, he was a true musical genius.  I suspect that in some ways he'll live on as a Hendrix or an Elvis or a John Lennon rather than being torn apart by the media.  I just find it typically awful that the same news corporations that destroyed him now have solemn obituaries and 24h news coverage reporting his "unfortunate decline"   RIP....

• 06-25-2009 10:17 PM In reply to

RIP

• B&o bottle opener
  • 06-25-2009 11:35 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

It is very surprising news. An icon in the entertainment industry. He did ALOT in his short lifetime.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-26-2009 1:59 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-02-2009
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 73
    • Bronze Member

:(

BeoSound 9000, Beolab 8000, BeoLab 4000.   Beogram 4002/Grado Gold Amina conversion.

• 06-26-2009 2:38 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Not a fan, but appreciated his talent.

The scramble will now begin to sell stories/books about him and to dish the dirt.

As there is no chance now of slander and libel litigation to prevent publication, perhaps opinions of the man and his private conduct may begin to change. After all, look what happened to Gary Glitter! I'm in no way comparing the two as 'talents', just pointing to how private behaviour made public can affect opinions.

• 06-26-2009 5:58 AM In reply to

That is very sad news Sad

I listen to his albums very often, and I want to thank him for all the pleasure he gave to me and to so many fans around the world...

Quoi de mieux qu'un BeoLab 2 ? 2 BeoLab 2 !

• 06-26-2009 6:33 AM In reply to

Not fan of the man but of the king of pop. RIP Michael and thanks a lot for your greats songs.

• 06-26-2009 7:11 AM In reply to

So sad, such a talent. I grew up listening to MJ, off the wall is one of my faves.

I just hope he is remembered for what he achieved early in his life and not the latter.

• 06-26-2009 7:17 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Very sad news indeed, I was never a big Micheal Jackson fan. However his influence on music was huge. Found out last night just after I got home when my friend phoned me.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-26-2009 10:41 AM In reply to

I think anybody who is into music is either a fan or has alot of respect for his contribution to music.

I was certainly a fan. RIP

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 06-26-2009 11:06 AM In reply to

Yesterday was really a day of reflection for me with the death of two icons from my youth...Farrah Fawcett and then Michael.  I was working part time in a music store at the time his mega album "Thriller" hit the music world, our store was packed with his old and new fans, it was a site to see.

Since I no longer have a turntable all of my albums have been converted to interchangeable framed art in our home recreation area.  It was just a few weeks ago that I changed out the Thriller album with another....looks like I need to change it back this weekend in honor of a recent music icon that has yet to see an equal in overall talent and market appeal.

Rest in Peace.

• 06-26-2009 11:11 AM In reply to

I couldn't believe it when I heard about it this morning.

He was a great performer and so professional, I remember playing his music when testing my Beo stuff in the early 90s, even the press used his single "Bad" to test the BeoSystem 2500 when it was launched.

Rest in peace, king of pop..Sad

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 06-26-2009 12:37 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Danmarks Radio P3 woke me up this morning with this unbelievable news. They changed their music program and played Man in the Mirror, Beat it, Billy Jean, Thriller....we know them all. Never been a Michael Jackson fan, but it is great pop music and Michael had a lot of really great people around: Quincy Jones, Bruce Swedian, Steve Lukather, Eddie Van Halen,The Porcaros.........

Stefan

• 06-26-2009 1:39 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I went to his 'Bad' concert at Aintree in Sept 1988. As an 18 year old, with an outdoor crowd of 125,000 (a world record at the time), and Kim Wilde supporting - it was an amazing experience.

An immensely talented performer and songwriter, whose songs have shaped music and defined generations. I thank him for everything he has done for music and the pleasure and memories his songs have given me.

Sadly, i think the man was the product of a seriously unbalanced childhood. I shall say no more. Sad

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-26-2009 1:45 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Thank you R Patton for mentioning Farrah Fawcett who died yesterday. 62 is far too young.  I feel saddened that the death of MJ has overshaddowed that of Farrah.
    I didn't like Micheal Jackson very much but 50 is far too young for anyone to lose their life.
    There is absolutely no doubt about his talent and his contribution to music over the past few decades.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-26-2009 2:04 PM In reply to

Unexpected, but not totally surprising. He was deteriorating fast, (like me he had lupus - but I'm not sure what form). The upcoming 50 date residency was a massive stress for a man in his condition, and it seemed to be something he was doing out of need rather than choice. He looked weirdly animated, different, at the press conference - to the extent that many speculated it was a stand in.
  • 06-26-2009 2:05 PM In reply to

Unexpected, but not totally surprising. He was deteriorating fast, (like me he had lupus - but I'm not sure what form). The upcoming 50 date residency was a massive stress for a man in his condition, and it seemed to be something he was doing out of need rather than choice. He looked weirdly animated, different, at the press conference - to the extent that many speculated it was a stand in.
  • 06-26-2009 2:35 PM In reply to

Chrisreunion:

I couldn't believe it when I heard about it this morning.

He was a great performer and so professional, I remember playing his music when testing my Beo stuff in the early 90s, even the press used his single "Bad" to test the BeoSystem 2500 when it was launched.

Rest in peace, king of pop..Sad

There was only one king and he died 16 august 1977Sad

• 06-26-2009 3:29 PM In reply to

• jjcox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-31-2009
    • Midden-Brabant, the Netherlands
    • Posts 61
    • Bronze Member

Terrible.... I got home late last night when I heard he had been rushed to hospital. Stayed up until the sad news was definite. A true genius has left us yesterday, I'm sure the world will never forget. RIP, King of Pop!

• 06-26-2009 6:46 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

9 LEE:

Sadly, i think the man was the product of a seriously unbalanced childhood. I shall say no more. Sad

Couldn't agree more with you Lee.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-27-2009 4:56 AM In reply to

A sad day! I heard the new in a dancing in Amsterdam while dancing in the middle of the night. Some songs came along while dancing. Friday TV was all Michael, what a song writer and bringing all those new chapters in music development.

What a landmark memory......

Regards, Robert

• 06-27-2009 7:50 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I really don't like Michael Jackson as a person, but his archivements in music are huge. I remember my first Cassette, which was a copy I got from my cousin: it was "BAD". I must have been 5 or 6, but my mother said that I was way to young to listen to that kind of music. Smile I didn't mind...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >